LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i have been in the st pete area of florida all weekend, and on the road helping my mom, and grandparents move some stuff up to cape may at their new summer home. i didn't get a chance to feel the water up here, but i like what i see. my comfort zone is generally 65 as long as the air is at least 65 or higher. it was mid june before it got to that in cape may county last year. last week was in a 3/2 no boots or gloves. in fact i lost the gloves in early april, and the boots i just lost last week.

it seems a lot of guys don't like going in just boardshorts, but i got a few reasons i prefer losing the rubber besides restrictive, and comfort reasons.

when just in shorts it's so much easier to drive home if i've gone surfing out of town. i don't have to drive around in the truck sitting on towels with a wet suit on. it's a pain in the ass to drive around with the suit on. another thing is i can take a piss whenever i need to. with the suit you gotta get out of the water, and hope no one is around, and pull the suit off to piss. those are two big reasons why i trunk it earlier than a lot of other people. a lot of the guys i surf with usually lose the suits in the 65-68 water temps as well.

Images
    wait... you mean to tell me you don't just go in your suit like the rest of us?

get out of the water to piss when you're in a suit??? I have never seen this done. Most people just pee in it and let the water flush it out. Also, most people just change into dry clothes on the street when done with an out of town session.

Images
    the only reason I was wearing a 2 mil top was that it was a bit brezzy out and I have been waiting 5 months to try it out

cape may was warm enough this weekend.
    a lot of people were swimming,too.

Images
    I wore my 3/2 to surf because it was about 3 hours per session. Other than that I actually went swimming a couple times in just shorts. The water was brisk, but the air was pretty damn hot.

Images
    some areas can see a considerable difference in water temps, like if they see warm flow from the bay or inlets.

Quote Originally Posted by eatswell View Post
    another thing is i can take a piss whenever i need to. with the suit you gotta get out of the water, and hope no one is around, and pull the suit off to piss.
    Why don't you just go pee in the water?

I actually like wearing boots. I like the grip.

Images
    No f**kin way, You dudes in Jersey got it good. Long Island was brick as F**K! this weekend! Either the water much warmer down there or I'm a lil beeotch!!