LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

christmas time??????????

where is usually the best surf in cr?

Christmas time in CR

"CR" i am guessing you are referring to Costa Rica? From December to April is the dry season in Costa Rica, this brings consistent offshore winds and the coolest weather despite little rainfall, but the water is still in the low 80's. Going during the dry season is great because you will be able to access some of the hard to get to surf spots like Ollie's Point and Witches Rock via car that you would not be able to cross during the rainy season!

Quote Originally Posted by clarence View Post
    "CR" i am guessing you are referring to Costa Rica? From December to April is the dry season in Costa Rica, this brings consistent offshore winds and the coolest weather despite little rainfall, but the water is still in the low 80's. Going during the dry season is great because you will be able to access some of the hard to get to surf spots like Ollie's Point and Witches Rock via car that you would not be able to cross during the rainy season!
    so i guess the north pacific of costa rica is the best area to be

Yeah, that would be your most consistent area, but there can be surf all the way down to Manuel Antonio. Where are you thinking about staying?

trying to find a house in hermosa or tamarindo area

Images
    Anywhere on the Nicoya Peninsula. Grande, Nosara, Witches rock and ollies. The Nicoya picks up more of the N and NW swells. The more W the swell the more the rest of costa will recieve. Hermosa always has waves and like the other guy said, winter means offshore in costa!

Images
    There are some great places to stay right in Hermosa...some beach houses in front of "THE TREE" and a few private house down the road a bit from "THE TREE". At the north end of Hermosa there are a bunch of little hotels...Backyard is nicest. There are waves all up and down the 7 mile stretch of Hermosa. My wife and I have a condo that sleeps 4 in Jaco which is 5 minutes from Hermosa. Christmas time is one of the busiest times to be heading there so plan early.

"From December to April is the dry season in Costa Rica, this brings consistent offshore winds and the coolest weather despite little rainfall"

Wrong. This is there hottest time of year and why they call it "Summer", just for the reason you stated. No Rain.

i was just in tamarindo this weekend and have surfed jaco and hermosa and other beaches before in costa rica. december is the busiest time of the year, anywhere in costa rica. some of the break noted like ollies and witches are boat access only so plan on paying alot unless u know someone. jaco is for beginners, ive never seen it go off big there but hermosa and many of the beaches on the nicoya south and jaco are amazingly consistent. tamarindo has got a more relaxed/touristy scene and alot of fun bars but like i said the water will be crowded since its high season, or yea the end of the rainy season... summerrr!
    Last edited by kiki gets busy livn; Oct 7, 2010 at 04:21 AM.

Check this video out of the Tamarindo area and Witch's Rock going off, should get you pumped up before your trip! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrbQQdi7Y4I
    Have fun!