LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Don't use a bag. Bags get stolen all the time. The magnet key holders worker great but if you use one or simply hide your key, be careful not to let anyone see you.

Aquapac - you certainly want one of these for rental cars with electronic chips and embedded door lock openers.

Just make sure when you hide your keys under your car no one is watching you.... and no one watches you retrieve them.....
    Also make sure they wont fall out if the car is rocked.

Images
    I dont know I would use one of them bags I would be to afraid if I ate really bad and the key puchured the the bag and into my chest or back

I'll stick to hidng it in or under the car someplace

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I dont know I would use one of them bags I would be to afraid if I ate really bad and the key puchured the the bag and into my chest or back

I'll stick to hidng it in or under the car someplace
    I've been using Aquapacs for quite a few years - it lies flat against my chest with a lycra or wetsuit over it - highly unlikely to get the angle for a puncture. Also, I normally have my driver's license, health card, etc. between me and the keys - my "kevlar" protection!

I use a lanyard and wear it around my neck, usually under a rash guard or wetsuit. My key has a chip but I have never had a problem with getting it wet. I keep a spare locked in the car just in case.

Images

Thumbs up Keys

spend the scratch and buy and install a lock box with a 4 wheel combination face that has a sliding weather cover on it for about 35 bucks( and also have a magnetic box you can stash a spare on the car frame"JUST IN CASE"...you can change the combo at will so when your with your budz you can tell them the days combo if they need to get in the car to get WAX/GAGS/PHONE/CAM/WHATEVER and if....one is a DINGESS and loses that key in the box for whatever prized reason YOU WILL STILL HAVE YOUR MAG BOX key TO RELY ON becoz doo-doo happens and you won't have to make an ordeal out of getting home after your Buy- yotch-N session...i hope this covers the bases ~TONEZ

this is a tough question to answer because for all we know thieves are reading this forum. So I wont say exactly what i do. But , always keep at least a door key with you and hide the ignition key somewhere either in the car or somewhere hiden outside and dont let anyone see you stash it or retrieve it. Another option if you're using an umbrella and chairs with a cooler and such is to stash your stuff on the beach with some older kind people that you can trust and know by name. They'll always look after your stuff. Get to know your neighbors. Everyone will watch out for you and vise versa if you're cool!

key stash

I would keep your key on you a lot of vehicals are stolen by thiefs that are hip to what surfers are doing. Mabye its not happening as much on the eastside as in sd but don't even give them the chance.

I either put them in the gas cap, or I use that loop on the board shorts for the wax comb and loop it around my key, keeps it nice and safe out in the water