LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    664
    Images
    16

    Hhheeeellllpppp!!!

    my board is plain old boring white, and i want some color... I've ran out of spray ideas, the last 3 boards i did fried my brains of spray ideas!!! so anyone who has anykind of artwork on the board.. Post a picture! i need some inspiration!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maryland and New Jersey
    Posts
    123
    An idea I hav always had was a wood floor design.

    Like this:

  3. #3
    sharpie paint pens bro
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    get some of that day glo was by sticky bumps or waxy wax you can change your atwork with it everytime you reqax your surfboard.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maryland and New Jersey
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    get some of that day glo was by sticky bumps or waxy wax you can change your atwork with it everytime you reqax your surfboard.
    I found out the hard way that colored wax is a horrible idea.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by 609Surfer View Post
    I found out the hard way that colored wax is a horrible idea.
    and why is that?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by retrosurfer View Post
    sharpie paint pens bro
    with the sharpie pens do you have to rough up the area and after you do the sharpie stuff on it do you have to seal it?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    152
    I use Sharpie Paint Pens and they're friggin' amazing. Use Acetone on the board(scrape off the wax of course), just put some on a rag and lightly move it over the board, then wet sand it with 400 Grit Sandpaper. I always do a pencil sketch before i paint so i know where and what I'm painting. After your done painting, Use Kyrlon's Clear coat Satin. It gives it a vibrant color and seals your work in. do 3 layers of clear coat allowing time to dry for each coat. once the 3rd coat is fully dry, use wet 600 Grit sandpaper to lightly sand the board. This evens the Clearcoat. after all that you'r officially done with your board, it's ready to surf. I've done boards for friends right before they go out, and i've done full board pieces. either way it's a great way to spice up your board.

    I'll Post pics of some work when i can find my Camera plug-in cable for my computer

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Over-toe View Post
    I use Sharpie Paint Pens and they're friggin' amazing. Use Acetone on the board(scrape off the wax of course), just put some on a rag and lightly move it over the board, then wet sand it with 400 Grit Sandpaper. I always do a pencil sketch before i paint so i know where and what I'm painting. After your done painting, Use Kyrlon's Clear coat Satin. It gives it a vibrant color and seals your work in. do 3 layers of clear coat allowing time to dry for each coat. once the 3rd coat is fully dry, use wet 600 Grit sandpaper to lightly sand the board. This evens the Clearcoat. after all that you'r officially done with your board, it's ready to surf. I've done boards for friends right before they go out, and i've done full board pieces. either way it's a great way to spice up your board.

    I'll Post pics of some work when i can find my Camera plug-in cable for my computer
    muchas gracias senor. im guessing you should use the water based ones correct?
    Last edited by johnnyav13; Jun 8, 2010 at 10:04 PM. Reason: messed up

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    with the sharpie pens do you have to rough up the area and after you do the sharpie stuff on it do you have to seal it?
    youve got to first lightly sand the area where your painting and then after painting spray a few clear coats of acrylic