LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Troops that surf

Have you many any military men or women who surf?

Images
    Wow... grammar.

Images
    Not many or any.

Oh man... whoever said not many was very wrong... I live in Virginia Beach which is basically the biggest military town on the east coast. And trust me, there are tons of "military surfers."

That being said, in my opinion, 95% of them are total kooks. They just flat out suck, and they ride some terrible boards. They seem to love funboards or like 6'8 thrusters that look like they belong on the north shore. They love to cut people off too. The worst is when some military kook just burns you on a wave, falls in front of you, and when you confront him about it, he says "No man, YOU cut ME off."

On a side note, when you see one of these said kooks in the water, (especially at your home spot) just incessantly tell them to go home. Its fun to see how aggro they get. They will immediately want to fight you. At which point you point out all the parents on the beach with little kids, and tell them that the second they throw a punch one of those parents will call the cops faster than they can say blueberry pancakes. They usually attempt to catch like 3 more waves after this before leave with their tail between their legs.

P.S. Sorry if I have offended anyone here, I have just had waaaayy too many bad experiences with "surfers" in the military.

Images
    Haha, i was just making fun of how he said it. I dont know any though.

Thumbs down

I rarely comment on forums, but BonerSurfs, you might be the lamest person in the water.

sorry, you know what i meant. should have checked it before i sent it

Images
    Itss all good, it made me laugh.

I am. I'm stationed at NOB in Norfolk. Currently getting ready to transfer to start EOD school.

And Boner, not offended. Just not all of us are like that, I also stay away from VB just a lot of inexperienced surfers in general. Mostly find me down at OBX.

But yea, so many of the people I work with are arrogant and narrow minded and bash surfing. I'm one of the few down to earth people (of all the people I've met since I've been in)

ADD side note....we deployed to Africa on a 6 month cruise. Got to surf in Durban, J-Bay, Capetown, Seychelles, Port Reunion and Mauritious. Basically a paid surf trip with some working hours

Im stationed at cape may, going to yorktown in august. Grew up in harvey cedars and have surfed my whole life.