LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    marines for character navy for surf and a boyfriend

Images
    Maybe you wouldn't have failed out if you'd been paying the bill yourself? My advice is that your parents should cut off the funds and you should get a job until you're ready to learn and able to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by oipaul View Post
    Maybe you wouldn't have failed out if you'd been paying the bill yourself? My advice is that your parents should cut off the funds and you should get a job until you're ready to learn and able to pay for it.
    beat me to it!

Images
    That was my route. You tend to care a lot more about things when you have to take financial responsibility for them (e.g. car, school, home). I moved out at 22 and have been paying ALL my bills since then. Fast forward and now half the people I know are nearing 30 and still living at home or receiving funds from their parents in some form. I won't be 30 for another 18 months and I already own (with a lot of help from my wife) a 3 bedroom single family house less than 1.5 miles from the beach! To me, its not about "finding yourself" but about taking responsibility for yourself and jumping into the real world head first. Life's not always easy but the sooner you learn to deal with it, the better!

This is what happened to me too. I got nothing but C's when my parents paid (and did even worse in high school). When I started paying half the tuition out of my own pocket and paid for my own books and saw how much money it actually was, I began getting As and Bs. I finished with a 3.2 and got on the Dean's list my final semester while working 40 hours a week from an internship that turned into a full time gig. I wish I had taken school more seriously earlier on in life. I also lost about 70 credits when I transferred from Community College to a 4 year school but thats another story. It took me forever to make it through.

My advice, get out as quickly as you can and move on with your life.

I'm glad somebody else said it. I was starting to think I was the only one who thinks this way. And I'm not sure that marijuana is going to help this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by jwj72 View Post
    And I'm not sure that marijuana is going to help this situation.
    Hey I hear you there jwj. But in reality, the day I received my medical card. I started smoking a lot less, and started to be much more responsible. I used to be about the biggest pothead you can imagine, smoking multiple times a day. However, the day I could just walk into a store, and get the best weed around, guarenteed, It was almost as if my whole pothead world came crashing down around me. Seems so illogical, but it is so true. When I got my medi card, I started taking life a lot more serious. Now that I'm back home in VA, I don't even smoke weed at all anymore. If you would have told me I wouldn't be smoking weed at home a year ago, I would have told you that your crazy. But now that its illegal for me to smoke, and I can't walk into a store and get medical grade weed, I just don't even bother. The risk is simply too great, and I don't feel like bothering myself with it. Only trouble is that now my wrist hurts all the time.

And as for the, "Pay for your own education," debate. My parents tried this with me my second year in college, and it didn't really work. If you want to make enough money, you gotta have a full time job with pretty good pay. Then it becomes a struggle between work and school. And you will start wanting to go crazy, because all your doing is working and school work, and you can't spend any of your hard earned money to go out and play.

In my opinion, its something that needs to come from inside of you. Just some god old self discipline is all its really gonna take to do well at school.

P.S. Im telling ya NSsurfer... Colorado Mountain College. Their specialty is bailing kids like you and I out of the ****ty situation your in.
    Last edited by BonerSurfs; Jun 7, 2010 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonerSurfs View Post
    Only trouble is that now my wrist hurts all the time.
    That's why they make advil for us non smokers.

yaaaa, i hear ya 609, but I'm not gonna take any pills for it. Call me a hippy or call me healthy, but I haven't touched an over the counter medicine for years. I don't touch anything "processed." And Advil is wayyy up there on my list of things to avoid. The list of chemicals in Advil is scary to say the least. Plus their bad for your stomach and horrible for your liver. Sure an Advil isn't tooo bad every once in a while, but an Advil everyday or multiple a day... well you might as well be eating trace amounts of poison everyday, because your just killing yourself slowly.

Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with water, and avocados are my new painkillers. It works well enough.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BonerSurfs View Post
    yaaaa, i hear ya 609, but I'm not gonna take any pills for it. Call me a hippy or call me healthy, but I haven't touched an over the counter medicine for years. I don't touch anything "processed." And Advil is wayyy up there on my list of things to avoid. The list of chemicals in Advil is scary to say the least. Plus their bad for your stomach and horrible for your liver. Sure an Advil isn't tooo bad every once in a while, but an Advil everyday or multiple a day... well you might as well be eating trace amounts of poison everyday, because your just killing yourself slowly.

Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with water, and avocados are my new painkillers. It works well enough.
    Hey, if your healthy, then you are doing something right. Good on you to realize the manufactured pharmaceuticals aren't the only solution. I'll have to remember that Vinegar water and avocado solution.