LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grain of sand under toe nail

Has anyone ever had a grain of sand stuck underneath their toe nail? I got one right on the side of my big toe nail where the nail meets the fleshy part and I can't get it out. I cut off the nail as much as I could and took a needle to try and dig out the grain but wound up driving it further into the crevis or whatever it is. It doesn't really hurt but if feels like something is constantly trying to pry my nail up. Pretty annoying.

Call me a pu$&y but i just barfed. I think amputation is the only option. But maybe you can get like a bionic toe.

Dr. Gulfcoast

I think you might be screwed.

Images
    Dont mess with it. Your nail will grow it out eventually and trying to pry it out could cause it to get infected.

Quote Originally Posted by S2Kreative View Post
    Dont mess with it. Your nail will grow it out eventually and trying to pry it out could cause it to get infected.
    Yeah I guess I don't have many other options.

I guess it is sort of a gross subject. Maybe I'll put some peroxide on it and see if any will seep in to clean it better.

try not to cut the nail too short, or it will grow back ingrown. ingrown toenails suck and have to be excised by a doctor.

i sliced the bottom of my big toe open and stuck a sea urchin spine in the heel of the same foot at the rocks at 'zippers' near cabo san lucas. i had to dig the spine out with the pocket clip from a bic pen cap and taped up the toe with electrical tape i begged off the hotel's maintenance man. talk about a great beginning to my first ever surf trip.

anybody else had an interesting/embarassing surf injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    try not to cut the nail too short, or it will grow back ingrown. ingrown toenails suck and have to be excised by a doctor.

i sliced the bottom of my big toe open and stuck a sea urchin spine in the heel of the same foot at the rocks at 'zippers' near cabo san lucas. i had to dig the spine out with the pocket clip from a bic pen cap and taped up the toe with electrical tape i begged off the hotel's maintenance man. talk about a great beginning to my first ever surf trip.

Holy ****. My brother has a good story. The day he got this brand new board for like 600$, goes in to surf (it's a pretty big day, little stormy) and smashes into the pipe a few waves into the session. Cuts all over, and his brand new board snapped in half.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I broke the first joint of my pointer finger on my left hand when I dove through a 3' beachbreak on OC holding my leash two summers ago. Really retarded, a stomach high dumper ripped the board right out of my hand and *snap*. Now I have a permanent right bend in my finger.

Images
    Good friend of mine really screwed up a turn off the top down in OBX years ago. The nose of the board went right into his face taking his four front top teeth up and forward. Fiberglass in his gums. It was just about the nastiest thing I have ever seen. I really wish I could find the picture.

I broke my nose when my board came around and hit me in the whitewash a few years ago. That was really embarrassing.
    Last edited by S2Kreative; Jun 7, 2010 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by S2Kreative View Post
    Good friend of mine really screwed up a turn off the top down in OBX years ago. The nose of the board went right into his face taking his four front top teeth up and forward. Fiberglass in his gums. It was Just about the nastiest thing I have ever seen. I really wish I could find the picture.

I broke my nose when my board came around and hit me in the whitewash a few years ago. That was really embarrassing.
    Holy f*ck. Well the only thing I have really done is fin scars and achey bones. I couldn't imagine something like this.