LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Images

ever think you suck?

Maybe I'm too critical, or maybe I do suck, but surfing to me is like a practice in zen. Some days I'm on top of the world ripping every wave with confidence, other days I'm sucking it hard, wiping out, unbalanced...stupid stuff. Its all in my head I know, but most sports are like this. I try not to lie to myself. Its all about being a better surfer.

I think this happens to everyone. I guess it's just like in everything else, you have good days and you have bad days. Just hope you have more good days than bad days.

Images
    such is life... some days your on, and some days your not.

" Wheather you think you can , or wheather you think you cant, either way you are right..." laird " the savage" hamilton

Talking

If you are searching for a solution, first would be to not judge yourself on good or bad days, for a bad day of surfing is better than a good day of work! Also, negative thoughts of any kind should reamain on the beach anyway. And to add, remember how you got good in the first place, every wipe out is just one step closer to sticking it

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    " Wheather you think you can , or wheather you think you cant, either way you are right..." laird " the savage" hamilton
    thats a brilliant quote, thanks. Guys I'm in no need of a hug. I'm in good shape right now, lol. Just wondering if anyone goes through the same.

Surfing isn't about right or wrong. It's just about having fun. If you are going to wipe out, have fun doing it. Just be loose.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    Just wondering if anyone goes through the same.
    I think everyone goes through the same.

If Im shooting a round of golf and im playing really poor sometimes I get really ticked off but when im in the water I surf the best I can and Im just try to enjoy the moment.I might be a little upset if I didn't catch a wave but thats about it thou.I guess it helps that theres no scorecard .

Images
    I have been surfing for close to twenty years and I still suck, but the stoke keeps me going. My surfing has improved dramatically since moving closer to the beach. Living in New Jersey I had to travel for about and hour or so. Now living in Delaware I am only 15 minutes away. So, I am trying to clock as much surf time as possible. I have bad days and steller days, one day it will all balance out.

"It's all about the stoke."
    Last edited by eastbreak; Jun 9, 2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: typo