LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jellyfish

Images

Jellyfish

Did anyone else see the massive jellyfish in the water this morning? I haven't seen jellyfish like that this early, but I surfed Long Branch this morning and they were everywhere. Could it actually be from the oil spill??? It was like it was August the way I had to duck dive around them.... thoughts anyone? Not used to seeing jellyfish when the water is still this cold.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBNJ Local View Post
    Did anyone else see the massive jellyfish in the water this morning? I haven't seen jellyfish like that this early, but I surfed Long Branch this morning and they were everywhere. Could it actually be from the oil spill??? It was like it was August the way I had to duck dive around them.... thoughts anyone? Not used to seeing jellyfish when the water is still this cold.
    I saw them 2 days ago....Big and they were orange

on a side note: I noticed beads of water on top of the water...like when oil and water don't mix.....anyone else notice that?
    Last edited by Aguaholic; May 25, 2010 at 03:34 PM.

Images
    I haven't seen any but I doubt its from the Gulf disaster.

Images
    The only thing I can think of is the Gulf.... Not really sure why the jelly's would be here so early. They are some big SOB's too!

Your not kidding. There are a bunch of jellyfish out there. The water is nice, but not warm enough for these bastards. Since the water was nice today, I didn't need gloves, but those little ****s got me on the hands a few times and once on the neck. I don't know if the trade off of no gloves was worth it, lol.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBNJ Local View Post
    The only thing I can think of is the Gulf.... Not really sure why the jelly's would be here so early. They are some big SOB's too!
    Nah they aren't here from what happened in the gulf. They are here from the unusual subtropical coastal low thats lurking.

Images
    will they eventually go away???

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Nah they aren't here from what happened in the gulf. They are here from the unusual subtropical coastal low thats lurking.
    That makes alot more sense then my "Gulf Theory," I'm going to stick with sales and stop trying to figure stuff out. Good form Aguaholic! I definitely got a couple stings on my neck and you had to be real careful you didn't get a face full of jelly when duck diving....

Images
    When did this start? I was out on Sunday (don't laugh) and I didn't notice one single jelly.

no jellyfish here as of yet.
    that is unheard of this early and cold