LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not Complaining But What Happend

I am not comlpaining but what happend with the forcasts. They to have been off for quite some time now. Is it cause some of the bouys are not reporting wind speed and direction anymore. I know forcasting can be difficult and real finicky at times but its been out there for a while now. I always enjoyed checking the forcasts and reports on here but have started to by pass them. Its always nice to do, I have been making the trek to check out the surf myself. If its ridable its worth the 20 min. drive but if not it turns into a dissapointed 40 min. drive, round trip, to get back home. I know for alot of people its alot longer and I really feel for you folks.

20 minutes? Your lucky! Its 1.5 to 2 hour drive for me depending on where I go. So a 4 hour round trip to check for waves is completely insane.I of course have to make sure there's ride-able stuff before I go.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb2056 View Post
    20 minutes? Your lucky! Its 1.5 to 2 hour drive for me depending on where I go. So a 4 hour round trip to check for waves is completely insane.I of course have to make sure there's ride-able stuff before I go.
    sounds harsh. if i could give you a suggestion, i would say that if you get there to check the surf and there's nothing, instead of turning around and getting in a car for another 2 hrs. just stay at the beach and enjoy the ocean. go for a swim or something just so that you don't go crazy being in a car for 4 hrs for no reason

I feel ya

I know I try and keep it in check with being closer. I feel you drive pain, before moving close 6 years ago I had a 2-2.5 hour drive each way. I worked my butt off trying to get closer and it has paid off. I just have to be a little less serious at work so I can get more water time. I do often do go for walks on the beach or just hang when I make the trip with no waves. Also thinking of getting a snorkle set or sponge so I can just kind of mess around when waves are not ridable.

Quote Originally Posted by fallingsky View Post
    Also thinking of getting a snorkle set or sponge so I can just kind of mess around when waves are not ridable.
    good ideea

Images
    nothing has changed in the forecasting in some time.

Yup... called for less than knee high today, and guess what. Less than knee high. Let's all start complaining about the crap surf we've been getting!

it totally sucks.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fallingsky View Post
    I am not comlpaining but what happend with the forcasts. .
    the waves today were bigger than forecast...why not just be stoked about that! my recollection is forecast was knee-thigh and OCMD was waist-stomach all day. not saying it was great, but it was ridable and hot out.

definitely ride able today, at the right spot. also depends on what you deem ride able. shore break in the summer is fun to me.