LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

New Board- Mistake or not?

7'4" Tufflite Channin Thruster- Not yet ridden (no waves to speak of) If it were you, would you have bought it? All feedback (negative, positive, or indifferent) welcome.

I personally wouldn't have bought since I'm 100 percent shortboards but it does look like a nice board. as a plus, the tuflite will make it durable.

Images

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    I personally wouldn't have bought since I'm 100 percent shortboards but it does look like a nice board. as a plus, the tuflite will make it durable.
    Point well taken- but after riding an 8'0" mini longboard for the past four years, this is a short board for me. My 17 year old son has absconded with my 6'0" single fin Eaton because he likes the way it paddles and catches waves. It's too much like a skateboard to me, so it's no big deal that he wants to use it instead of his 6'4" Ezera performance board that's like a potato chip.

Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    Point well taken- but after riding an 8'0" mini longboard for the past four years, this is a short board for me. My 17 year old son has absconded with my 6'0" single fin Eaton because he likes the way it paddles and catches waves. It's too much like a skateboard to me, so it's no big deal that he wants to use it instead of his 6'4" Ezera performance board that's like a potato chip.
    Its a nice looking board.I would throw a traction pad on it even thou its 7'4.I just got 2 more boards in the last few months.I feel by switching up boards it helps your surfing.

If he likes skatey feeling boards, you should get with jon ashton and check out his round nose fish! very fun in small waves.

Images
    who is calling this a thruster? you or is that what the company named it?

Images
    I wouldn't have bought it since I'm into short funky shapes. But like everyone is saying it's nice looking for sure and probably rides great for the shape. I love the blue fade color and the big Channin logo. Whats the rocker like, is it really flat or a standard fun shape curve?

Images
    it also depends how much you spent on it.

Images

Thruster

<<(surfing) A surfboard (usually a shortboard) with three fins of approximately equal size, one centred at the back, one on each side about 25cm forward and out near the rails.
    Etymology: The surfboard sense was coined by w:Simon Anderson, Simon Anderson, who created the design in 1980. The name was almost immediately applied generically to any surfboard with that fin design, not just boards made by him. (He never patented the design or trademarked the name.) >>
    http://www.allwords.com/word-thruster.html

Price: well. . . if you don't count my unemployment leftovers, and my judging fee from the last contest. . . it was around 350. Not cheap, but way cheaper than my last board.

And traction pads, never used or needed one because I'm not really into major air, but please fill me in on what their point is beyond protecting the tail area from pressure delamination.

The rocker is pretty much a muddy cuttle fish design somewhat like the old Weber Ski, hard down edges in the tail area transitioning into a neutral rail to a moderately beefy chined nose. Generally a fun-shape I would guesstimate. Anxious for some waves to actually see how this very light board works. FYI- the bottom is plain white with a black pinline where a stringer should be.
    Last edited by MDSurfer; Jun 16, 2010 at 03:18 PM.

Images
    i think only you can be the judge of it it a mistake or not! got to ride her first, and see how she feels relative to your style!