LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Whats going to happen!!!!

I just looked at the tropical forcast and its seems that at least a depression is going make it to the gulf. I super suprised I haven't heard any developing news on this. Could it be the start to it getting in the loop current? Does anybody know the effects of oil in a tropical storm? To say the least Im super concerned, thoughts? (P.S. I had a dream last night oil was on the Jersey shore, YUCK)

settle down. no model I've seen has oil hitting jersey.

Images
    simma down...

Images
    Don't PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just mentioning that it was just a dream,you clearly missed that, BUT, I can't believe all of you are so non chelant about it. The only reason they can semi contain the oil is b/c there havent been any major storms...yet. Really the point of this thread was to see if anybody knows the effects of oil during a tropical storm and what can be done, if anything, to stop it from spreading into the loop current. Regardless, if oil reaches the east coast it WILL effect us in some way. I'm afraid all of you are getting media fatigue about this issue which is really really sad especially considering you use the ocean for your lifestyle.
    Last edited by fupafest; Jun 18, 2010 at 06:40 PM.

what good does panic and fear do? this was a major f&ck up on all levels (BP and US Govt). still getting all freaked out won't do diddly to stop it.

IF we start seeing oil in the keys I'll start watching more closely, and IF we start seeing it in NC I'll get concerned, then by some wild combination of circumstances it ends up in NJ I'll work clean up if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    what good does panic and fear do? this was a major f&ck up on all levels (BP and US Govt). still getting all freaked out won't do diddly to stop it.

IF we start seeing oil in the keys I'll start watching more closely, and IF we start seeing it in NC I'll get concerned, then by some wild combination of circumstances it ends up in NJ I'll work clean up if needed.
    Sad my dude, your way of thinking is just sad.

sorry. never thought the sitting around the campfire and sing kumbyyah ever solved anything.

No matter how much you wish things were different, they aren't so deal with it.

I'm on board with pumpmaster... getting all worked up and telling everyone the world is going to end does nothing

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    sorry. never thought the sitting around the campfire and sing kumbyyah ever solved anything.

No matter how much you wish things were different, they aren't so deal with it.
    hey i love that song dont knock it. Your solution is wait until sh*t hits the fan then start action....lame, as a person and as a surfer. Your attitude is, deal with the litter and filth on the beaches, deal with contaminated water, deal with oil spreading throughout the gulf...again...LAME! This is the attitude that got us here in the first place. Seriously, if you dont think this is a National/Global tragedy, WAKE UP!!! No chicken little here but seriously, wake up the issues!
    Last edited by fupafest; Jun 18, 2010 at 07:03 PM.