LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

And so it begins...

Got dropped in on by some kook this morning and kicked him out of the water. Let the ignorance begin. I'm also looking at a certain cam right now and there's about 30 heads bobbing out there. Keep in mind it's barely thigh high. (although fun.. at the spot I was at)

Anyone else encountering ignorance yet? You can vent about it here.

yep...i was out this morning & some kook paddled out w/ a diamond-back terrapin on the nose of his board & proceeded to announce how he was saving the sea turtle from dying on the beach...i grabbed the poor thing from him & paddled it back to shore so it could lay it's eggs. the ignorance of people is astonishing!!

So far its been OK but I'm in and out early. I did see a guy riding (or trying to ride) a SUP (12') as a surfboard with no paddle or leash. He did stay a good distance away.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ridewaves View Post
    Got dropped in on by some kook this morning and kicked him out of the water.
    The whole "kicking him out of the water" statement is a little self righteous if you ask me. You and everyone else would be better off if you just explained to the kid what he did wrong.

[Originally Posted by ridewaves
    Got dropped in on by some kook this morning and kicked him out of the water.]

Wow I didn't realize you could do that.... Did you blow your whistle at him?

where was there surf?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
    The whole "kicking him out of the water" statement is a little self righteous if you ask me. You and everyone else would be better off if you just explained to the kid what he did wrong.
    agreed....

There were actually waves today haha I'm in CNJ. As for the mook.. he was a repeat offender. The other guys said something to him numerous times before I got out there. We were planning on getting him out of there. I wasn't forceful or anything.. I just told him that what he was doing wasn't acceptable and to find his own waves at the next jetty down to avoid problems. Luckily, he listened.

Believe me.. I hate being defensive, but it had to be done.

Ankle to Knee High

Amazing that East coast measures waves under head high, just say FLAT, who they kidden with ankle to knee high and clean conditions. Well, at least the water is getting toasty.

Quote Originally Posted by NORCAL TRANSPLANT View Post
    Amazing that East coast measures waves under head high, just say FLAT, who they kidden with ankle to knee high and clean conditions. Well, at least the water is getting toasty.
    NorC, I lived in San Diego for a while and do remember reports of 1 to 2 feet on south facing beaches and 2 to 3 feet on north facing beaches. So good old Cali measures waves under head high, too my friend.