LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stretch

Stretch

looking at a used 5'10 stretch quad, can any one give me some feedback on wether this is a good option for around here or not?

A great option, IMO. And he keeps making them better, too.

Those things are really sick the speed they get is unreal.

Images
    why do the stretches have those channels on the front??

stretch shapes a killer quad... i've had 4 or 5 i think , one being a surftech ratboy (beater board) he has quads dialed... fin placement / fins are crucial and he knows what he's doing. the ff4 though carrys a lot of volume, fuller/wider/ and fater tail let alone the cory'ness of eps. definitly size down on them. i had one the same size of my regular sb and had to much float..so size down like 2-3 ''. channels are love handles. i liked them something to grab when your going under and a little more security when its getting ripped out of your hands. apparently they add a little more stregnth but i doubt it. not fun to fix if you snap it eps in general isnt. one thing also they experimented on making a cheap board out in china or where ever (which they stopped) they have the red and yellow stretch labels dont by it. the resin must have been garbage or cured at the wrong temp. i had 2 that came spongey and weak as hell. buy a hand shape

i just bought a 5 8 quad stretch and that board is so perfect. so fast its unreal

The rail channels do add a bit of snap resistance and a bit of stiffness, but mainly they're for grabbing the rail when doing airs. If you get them on a custom board, you can ask to have them put exactly where your thumb lands when you grab rail.

i got it.. its pretty sick so far

What Length, etc...?

I've been looking at a Stretch F4 Bat Tail as well. I currently ride an WRV 9' LongBoard and am looking for a shorter more agressive board for mediocre (waist) to super good days (head to overhead). The Longboard is too clumsy on bigger, steeper, hollow waves in Hatteras. I've heard to get the stretch 2-3in shorter than a nomral shortboard b/c of its float, but I don't have a Shortboard to compare. I'm 6'0",165lbs... What would be an ideal length for a Stretch or similar type board (EPS/Epoxy)? I'm thinking a 5'11" or do I need to go down to a 5'9"?

Also, does anyone know about about these other boards?
    - ChanneI Islands Pod
    - Rusty Pro Ject
    - ChanneI Islands Merrick K Small

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by EinVB View Post

Also, does anyone know about about these other boards?
    - ChanneI Islands Pod
    - Rusty Pro Ject
    - ChanneI Islands Merrick K Small

Thanks.
    My 6'1" Rusty Pro Ject, that I got for $315 off Whiskey Militia showed up yesterday. It's definitely thinner than im used to (its 6'1", 18 1/4", 2.06"), and im 5'11" and 165 lbs. I'm hoping the epoxy will provide enough float though. It's got some serious concave, especially in the nose and tail sections. It looks like its going to be incredible for some waves with some actual size and pitch, but I'm not banking on it being very useful in anything slightly mushy.