LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stretch

Nice Deal. Yah, I saw that board on Dept of Goods. I try to monitor WM during the workday when I can... I must have missed that. I saw the Stretch come up a few days ago and wasn't sure about it. I would agree with you on the Rusty Pro Ject. When you take it out, let us know how it rides. Good Luck.

the stretch was unbelievable yesterday so fast, and turns on a dime, not to mention holds the speed through the turns.. now i just need to save 20 more dollars and figure out a way to get the piece of **** track pad off the previous owner had on it, and ideas?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SearchForShacks View Post
    the stretch was unbelievable yesterday so fast, and turns on a dime, not to mention holds the speed through the turns.. now i just need to save 20 more dollars and figure out a way to get the piece of **** track pad off the previous owner had on it, and ideas?
    Goo Gone and a plastic putty knife.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SearchForShacks View Post
    what material is it? (tuflite, TL2, eps/epoxy??)

Quote Originally Posted by EinVB View Post
    I've been looking at a Stretch F4 Bat Tail as well. I currently ride an WRV 9' LongBoard and am looking for a shorter more agressive board for mediocre (waist) to super good days (head to overhead). The Longboard is too clumsy on bigger, steeper, hollow waves in Hatteras. I've heard to get the stretch 2-3in shorter than a nomral shortboard b/c of its float, but I don't have a Shortboard to compare. I'm 6'0",165lbs... What would be an ideal length for a Stretch or similar type board (EPS/Epoxy)? I'm thinking a 5'11" or do I need to go down to a 5'9"?

Also, does anyone know about about these other boards?
    - ChanneI Islands Pod
    - Rusty Pro Ject
    - ChanneI Islands Merrick K Small

Thanks.
    The 5'11" will be too short for you if you don't have experience with a shortboard. I was surfing longboards exclusively and tried to surf a 6'3" stretch. I'm 5'10" and 166 and it had too little volume. If you are trying to come down in size, volume is your friend. A stretch f4 at about 6'5" should have plenty of volume and help your transition to shorter boards.

its a eps/epoxy

i own 2 ratboy modelz...super lite, super strong, super quick...5'4" 5'6"...never gittin' ridduv them...u can't go wrong with a custom-order stretch...

Mucker... Thanks for the feedback. Much Appreciated.

Images
    I have a used 6'3" Stretch F4 I am selling.

True: whiskey militia rocks...

True: it is better to by from a local shaper. Check out http://seasandsurf.com for an article on one of the many good ones...

True: what the hell does it matter since we have not had waves in so frickin long