LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: today

Quote Originally Posted by rDJ View Post
    I'm not getting my hopes up for tomorrow. High potential to get skunked. I have a feeling the site is over-calling it. I really hope I'm wrong.
    I'm going to see how big it is before dark and if todays forecast overcalled that then I would suppose tomorrows would be overcalled too.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chillisurfer View Post
    I'm going to see how big it is before dark and if todays forecast overcalled that then I would suppose tomorrows would be overcalled too.
    not necessarily... sometimes the real short period S/SW stuff doesn't make it in to those Central Jersey beaches, while the longer period swells tend to refract more towards the coast. That seems to be the case on a lot of the S/SW swells, where the early signs of the swell shows very little.

It started to pick up around 2 pm... waist-chest w/ shoulder sets. Water's chilly too, pack the 3/2s
    Last edited by chillisurfer; Jun 28, 2010 at 08:17 PM.

Images
    It started to pick up around 2 pm... waist-chest w/ shoulder sets. Water's chilly too, pack the 3/2s
    yeah but then it died

anotherrr epicc day

Images
    i remember when i thought the small summer days were epic. Those were the days. Now I am jaded by experience.

i will be surprised if it is waist high sets 2morro at the best spots, i hope it atleast kneehigh and longboardable in S. Jersey. anything over that will be a bonus, years of surfing eastcoast has taught me something... keep your expectations very very low

Bringing new meaning and context to the word "epic"

I agree, hard angle south swell is going to skunk us. Probably going to sleep in.

ah man how chilly we talking, it was so warm yesterday!! I was looking foward to wearing just a vest again