LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    warmest gloves are xcel 7mil mitts.
    Man that's the truth. It's like they are magic they're so damn warm. Plus they are the first pair of gloves that didn't fall apart after a season. I tried lots of different brands/styles prior to this, and 1 season was the best I ever got, but these are 2 seasons in and like new.

I'm 5'10" 215-220. I have a Hyperflex 6/5/4 which is two seasons old with no problems. Fits good and is toasty. It's not the stretchiest suit I've ever had, but it's good enough.

Previously I had good luck with Rip Curls top of the line suits, but they just got too expensive to justify in my opinion.

I've had bad luck with Oneill winter suits (quality issues and bad warranty service), but many others swear by them so perhaps it was simply bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by pkovo View Post
    Man that's the truth. It's like they are magic they're so damn warm. Plus they are the first pair of gloves that didn't fall apart after a season. I tried lots of different brands/styles prior to this, and 1 season was the best I ever got, but these are 2 seasons in and like new.

I'm 5'10" 215-220. I have a Hyperflex 6/5/4 which is two seasons old with no problems. Fits good and is toasty. It's not the stretchiest suit I've ever had, but it's good enough.

Previously I had good luck with Rip Curls top of the line suits, but they just got too expensive to justify in my opinion.

I've had bad luck with Oneill winter suits (quality issues and bad warranty service), but many others swear by them so perhaps it was simply bad luck.
    Gloves are actually the dead last of my concerns. I'm hoping a pair of new 5mm H20 socks will keep my feet o.k. come winter. Finding foot wear is even more of a pain in the rear end for me then finding a wetsuit. At least right now I know a hyperflexx will get me 2 seasons or so (one for the first year, and one when I turn it back in to have the seams worked on).

You've got a few inches of height on me, and a few less pounds so I'm still having trouble narrowing down the right suit. Of course asking anyone at a shop is useless as they all recommend the high end suits in their stores. I don't mind buying a top of the line suit. Just want a good fit, and a good warranty. I'm figuring I'll be paying 300-400 for a suit. I may just break down and do a custom order from oniel or body glove.

Rez