LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    i'm not into the sponge hate at all, but bodyboarding isn't really my thing. don't get me wrong i would prefer the sponge to nothing, but i would have to say longboard over it. i don't even longboard much either. in fact i bought my first one ever just this past winter for those days of ankle/thigh swells. i think i've only used it a half a dozen times so far though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray F. View Post
    No, but I started looking after your post. There's a 10'0" NR for sale in NJ. I won't be back up there in the immediate future. I'll keep looking.

As far as the Bing's go, the Silver Spoon kinda turned me off. To be completely honest, I didn't find it impressing me in catchability, tail surfing or nose riding. I'll only take a longboard out in decent waves if the crowd is out of control. Otherwise, I'll only take it out on those desperate 1-2 ft days. When it starts getting mid-thigh, the fish is coming out.
    Ray, there is a very decent quality shaper in your area - Austin Saunders.
    http://www.austinsurfboards.com/

He built his reputation on building classic longboards, using quality materials and excellent craftsmanship. Does quite nice resin work. And, he will listen to you and shape what you want. Notwithstanding the fact that some shapers "know what is best for you" regardless of what you actually order, one of the real challenges is in communication and also realizing that every board inherently is a set of compromises. Austin also does excellent ding repairs and restorations -- when making semi-regular work trips down to the Tidewater area I used to haul boards down and back that were in need of repair, minor dings through full-on restorations - very, very nice work.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rodndtube View Post
    Ray, there is a very decent quality shaper in your area - Austin Saunders.
    http://www.austinsurfboards.com/

He built his reputation on building classic longboards, using quality materials and excellent craftsmanship. Does quite nice resin work. And, he will listen to you and shape what you want. Notwithstanding the fact that some shapers "know what is best for you" regardless of what you actually order, one of the real challenges is in communication and also realizing that every board inherently is a set of compromises. Austin also does excellent ding repairs and restorations -- when making semi-regular work trips down to the Tidewater area I used to haul boards down and back that were in need of repair, minor dings through full-on restorations - very, very nice work.

Ausitn does great work also, You can check out some of the boards he has made on his facebook page aswell

http://www.timnoltesurfboards.com/
    Surfers Supplies in OC NJ has quite a few in stock and Heritage in OC NJ has a 9'6" Austin in stock.

I'm thinking whatever I get will be used. I'll be looking for another 9'6" or 10'0".

Images
    I know a guy selling a 9'6 Elevator It in mint shape he want 850 I think if your interested let me know

funny
    new to this site.
    I had a 10 ft Nolte HP NR 2+1
    it was awesome I could catch a calf high wave

now I use a Austin 10'4' Blunt
    I can catch a ripple on that board

both were amazing for anything from shin to waste high

Images
    either longboard or a bigger fish. on days like that i use my 6'8 fish and i love it; its more flexible than my longboard and allows more turns