LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I say go to your surf shop and get this board made by Catch Surf. Its called the "BEATER" Its floats like a bigger board, you can surf it but you can also use it as a body board. The thing is rad and for 160 bucks you cant go wrong. I got it just to play with on smaller days and now i love it. you can stand up on it and cut down the line or just lay on it in the little knee high barrels. def try it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBof6...eature=related

This is the beater. my new favorite board in my quiver

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb2056 View Post
    I totally disagree. I actually hate shore pound and I bodyboard. I don't know who could find a place like the wedge or waimea shore break fun. Risking getting paralyzed for a 2 sec ride on a monster close out that smashes you into the sand...garbage waves with high risk low reward... To each their own.
    i'm not THAT crazy...by shore pound (& i guess i should've clarified this) i meant nothing over a few feet in height. i'm not interested in maiming myself.

Zop- interesting video, tho i found it to be a lot better once i turned the sound off! i may have to look into getting one of those...for just these types of days!

I say sponge, as long as you don't mind telling your kids that you are really a chump and not the cool dad they think they have...

I say when it's that small just find something else to do or travel.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    You might as well bodysurf.
    Yep... Longboard or bodysurf if it's knee high and actually breaking. The only time to bodyboard... for me... is if it's shorepound. And it's a total riot. A lot of fun...

longboard - I love me some bodyboarding at my local when its slamming right on shore but I seem compelled to do it on average about twice, 3x a year, whereas I pull my longboard out to fool around with knee high peelers at least 2-3x a week in the summer

Images
    sponges are only good for 6-8foot+ closeout barrels get a longboard

The beater board looks sick, I might get one for these super samll days. In the mean time...... bodysurfing w/ a hydrofoil and fins is a great workout and gives you a totally different perspective on the wave.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    I say when it's that small just find something else to do or travel.
    Bump.

Or, buy a good bottle of wine, case of beer, write a novel...