LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Costa Car Rental

I was wondering if anyone has experience renting cars in Costa. We're heading down in October and would like to rent a car in Dominical for a week and drop it off in Quepos

Yes, it is very easy to rent a car but watch what you leave in the car and that includes the trunk. If you plan to explore, driving is fairly easy if you can read a map or speak Spanish.

I went to CR with some friends in March and we rented a 4x4 from Vamos, they were reasonably priced and met us at the airport...I would recommend renting a 4 wheel drive

Images
    I have a car there but have heard good things about Alamo.com Dominical is probably too small for competitive car rentals(I was there last month and did not see a rental car company) and you can go through Quepos on the way to pick up a car there. Dominical is about 45 minutes south of Quepos.
    Alamo quotes only $25 a day for a corolla or $35 a day for a Suzuki Gran Vitara 4WD without insurance which can add $40 a day. If you have the right credit card it will cover you in CR but check before you go. Adding the insurance it is $65 to $75 per day. Have a great trip. You can check papagsurf.com and rovercam.com for surf reports until then.

5. www.surfcosta.com

we use, and recommed to guests vacation city. they will help find you the best deal on what you want..they search all the car rental places. check them out. october is low season too so you should get a good price.

http://www.vacationcity.com/costa-rica/car-rental/

if your planning on stopping in the jaco/hermosa/esterillos and need a sick place to say just holler. we have 3 private houses for rent, with pool.

pura vida,
    rob
    rvb@surfcosta.com

Im actually going to be going to Guanacaste at the end of July. We are landing in San Jose airport. Does anyone have any recommendations for a car rental at the airport. We are considering Hertz but they are about 600 for the week for a 4x4. Is that a reasonable price? Thank you.

Images
    last time I was there we used mapache - seemed the best price for a 4x4 although i think i'll try vamos next time - keep hearing good things about them

here is link to mapache
    http://www.mapache.com/

thanks for the info guys, I'll check this all out

Watch out for currency conversion scams - an easy way to add on fees and total rental cost.

Images
    My advice is not to reserve and bargin when you get there. You can't bargin very well when you've already made a reservation for the price before hand.