Saw this posted on NYNJ Surf

Four of the Jersey Shore’s most celebrated surf photographers, Ray Hallgreen, Dan Mittelman, Rich McMullin and (returning from Florida) **** ‘Mez’ Meseroll, will come together on July 23rd, 2010 to present their work in a series of narrated slideshows at the Tuckerton Seaport’s New Jersey Surfing Museum, 120 West Main Street (Rt. 9) Tuckerton, NJ, from 6 to 10 p.m.

Slideshows are a time-honored tradition in surfing. In decades past, surfers would gather at BBQ’s, rec halls, and VFW’s to see the visual work of their local lensman. We’re bringing back the spirit of those days for a look at New Jersey’s rich surfing history. The slideshows will be accompanied by colorful narration.

Anchoring the evening will be **** ‘Mez’ Meseroll, a photojournalist of 38 years. The Point Pleasant native’s photos began to put NJ on the map and his travel documentation went worldwide in the 1970s. In 1989, he moved to Florida to start Eastern Surf Magazine. After serving 15 years as photo editor, he remains co-owner, with partner Tom Dugan. As well, ESM will soon celebrate its 20th year in publication. (Easternsurf.com) He will present photos that haven’t been seen in 20 years.

“When fellow Jersey surf journalist, Jon Coen, contacted me with the idea of bringing together such notable, Garden State photographers like Ray, Rich and Dan, my only two questions to him were, ‘what do you need me to do and when do you want me there?’ I am humbled to be invited to this unique gathering and look forward to what promises to be a truly one-of-a-kind experience of imagery and story telling featuring the worlds most unique and stoked oceanic tribes in the world - the surfers who call New Jersey and its world class waves their home. I am, and always will be, proud to call myself one of them".

The evening will also feature Dan Mittelman, who shot Absecon Island in the very formative years of 1964-1967, longtime lensman Ray Hallgreen from Seaside Park who has documented epic surf as well as sailing and wildlife for four decades, and Rich McMullin who continues to travel the entire Jersey Shore capturing the best days for the national surf publications. In addition, stellar prints, including the featured lensmans’ will be on display at the Seaport’s Hotel de Crab from July 16th to the 30th for purchase.

Intercourse Brewing Company is an independent brewer named for the village of Intercourse in Lancaster, PA. They offer four hand-crafted brews and were recently named to Maxim Magazine’s “25 Best New Beers.” First released two years ago, this young company is already involved locally with a men’s baseball team, a cycling team, and various charities. Beer will be sold at the event for $3.

"Just as we love what we do (and brew), we are advocates of a strong work ethic and realize the impact of support within the community. That’s why we stand behind our friends and neighbors who are just as passionate about their calling as we are about ours,” says owner, Nicole Courides.

The Tuckerton Seaport, a working maritime village, is located along the Tuckerton Creek. This one-of-a-kind attraction brings the Jersey Shore’s maritime traditions of the past and present to life through people, exhibits and hands-on activities. The New Jersey Surfing Museum celebrating the Shore’s waterman heritage, opened on the premises, May 1st and has been wildly successful.

Dinner will also be available from the grill – a choice of local scallops or chicken with fresh Jersey clams, corn, and salad. Families are welcome. 21 with valid ID to drink.

Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...0007238&ref=mf