LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Al Merrick Pod, Buscuit or Lost Rocket

I've been thinking about getting a summer board, considering all i have is performance short boards, and these look like really fun boards for our usual summer conditions. Just trying to get some feedback on what you guys have heard, experienced or think about these boards. Another option would be the Heritage Hawk.

Here's some of the boards as you scroll down: http://heritagesurf.com/surfboards/

Thanks

I was in the same boat as you earlier this summer, I was looking at those exact same boards. I decided to get the Channel Islands gravy. I got a 5'7 (Im 6'2 170lbs) and its a perfect summer time board.

yeah, they all look like really fun boards, but I think I've narrowed it down to either the biscuit or the rocket, possibly the Hawk for the price. I'm 6' and about 150 lbs.

Images
    If you want a board for eascoast summer surf why dont you look at getting a board from a local shaper that surfs the same waves we do . I would go with the Hawk or have Brain Wynn shape you a board
    Last edited by MATT JOHNSON; Jul 10, 2010 at 05:03 PM.

buscuit

The ci biscuit is really fun. i took one out on a ankle slapper day and was snaking SUP'ers. but its way over priced. like matt said, have a shaper make one for ya and save a couple hundred bucks. for your size you should get a 5'8.
    Last edited by wesman944; Jul 10, 2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: deer

Scott Busby is the best on the East coast

Quote Originally Posted by wesman944 View Post
    The ci biscuit is really fun. i took one out on a ankle slapper day and was snaking SUP'ers. but its way over priced. like matt said, have a shaper make one for ya and save a couple hundred bucks. for your size you should get a 5'8.
    since the biscuit is so thick, is it harder to turn or maneuver?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripcurl058 View Post
    since the biscuit is so thick, is it harder to turn or maneuver?
    IMO, yes. the tradeoff of a 3" thick 5'10" is you get better paddling and sacrifice the precise turning of a board with less volume and performance rails.

the biscuit is easy to turn, theres a lot of vee off the tail. it balances it out..very fun board. id also have brian shape it to save some cash... i acutally put in for 3 boards a few days ago. 5'6 rocket, 5'11 squash and a 6'0 round tail . the 5'11 and 6'0 both done in resin x. great boards/guy . pm me if you have any questions or want his number.. i've had a TON of small wave boards and can point you in the right direction. biscuits, fishcuits, twins, rnf's and what not.

Images

Fishcuit

I'm 6'1" 175lb and have a 5'10" Fishcuit - it is awesome. Al Merrick's are expensive though, and have thin glass. Next time I'm going to see if I can have a local shaper make me a custom board, probably base it off of one of the major brand models.
    Last edited by Darealm; Jul 10, 2010 at 09:14 PM.