LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: surfingoc.com

Images

surfingoc.com

The reason I became a member of this site, and even found this forum a couple years ago, was because one day, all communication on surfingoc.com just stopped.

I was a member on that site for years and kept up with friends back in OC and talked with everyone before I would come home to visit. Then one day, everyone just stopped talking. Stopped logging in. The site is still there, but the community vanished.

Someone from surfingoc.com forums told me about this place, so i joined here. I think most everyone is a member on this site now as well, but its just weird. I know there is delsurf.com that is similar, but it delsurf.com the new surfingoc? There are lot of deleware cats on there, but its not an OC MD wediste...

Anyone know what happened to surfingoc.com?

Images
    that kind of thing happens to the local sites a lot. The owners just stop wanting to spend the time and money to maintain the site after a while.

Images
    I am pretty sure delsurf was around before surfingoc. There was also delawaresurf.com and ocwaves.com, which had so many good pictures and sequences. That guy moved to Florida I believe and started another surfing website down there.

I miss surfingoc too, the forum died when pictures were no longer uploaded to the gallery... unfortunately.

edit: I know the owner of the site went through a heap of stress out at the shoals on a big day and all of his expensive gear was lost. After something like that I could see myself throwing in the towel too.
    Last edited by S2Kreative; Jul 11, 2010 at 02:25 AM.

I am still around. Just between having a kid and losing $4000 in camera gear I stopped doing surf photography, the last pictures on the site are the last ones I ever took with that gear. Pretty much everyone came over to swellinfo to yack so I left the site up so people can check out the older pictures and see when the swells happened in the past.

My boy is taking up most of my time now, this picture was from last year, can't wait to get him out on the boogie board this year.

Shawn
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Cool man. Congrats on the family. I really enjoyed your site. Especially the photos. Maybe some day we will see some more. At that time, you really had OC MD wired. Best strech of local photos I had seen in a while.

Anyway, good luck with the family and getting your son in the ocean.