Yeah, this morning, my fiance woke me up when her mom texted her and said that all the pictures shook on her wall and some glasses broke. She lives in Baltimore. When I heard this, it made me think of this thread, and how ironic it was that rodndtube made a joke about california and its earthquakes last night, then baltimore of all places get hit by an earthquake this morning. It like a bad alanis morriset song.

But, anyway. Every area in the US has it's issues for potential disasters. It probably is a bad thing that I am "used to" earthquakes now. But thats life. Guys on the gulf coast treat hurricanes like just another day. Thts life a guess. Just thought that article was interesting.

And this year, May gray/june gloom lasted from may 1st and went all the way through july 12th. We had the worst 4th of july weather on record. The touristas were pissed. The surf was 5-7 feet the whole holiday weekend, which was cool. But if you werent a surfer, you HATED san diego the past few months. I actually felt bad for the visitors for once. Its nice now, 80 out, not a cloud in the sky, but no sh**, this was the longest, most depressing stretch of gloom that this coast has ever seen. A few weeks ago, I literally started preparing myself for fall. I was convinced that the summer had passed us by this yeare. I was already preparing for south swells and no crowds. I thought we were doomed. Especially when all my weather data on my desktop show me that its 84 everyday in OC MD and like 92 in VB....