LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    You see that little " + " next to the "quote" button? Click on a few of those before you quote and then you won't have 2342 multiple posts.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    You see that little " + " next to the "quote" button? Click on a few of those before you quote and then you won't have 2342 multiple posts.
    duly noted. do you have anything relevant to add to the discussion?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bb.rider View Post
    duly noted. do you have anything relevant to add to the discussion?
    Yeah, get over it. Lifeguards suck sometimes when it comes to that crap, but fight it if they were wrong.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    Yeah, get over it. Lifeguards suck sometimes when it comes to that crap, but fight it if they were wrong.
    i'm over it. i will have my day in court. hopefully the guard shows up. i'd like the judge to hear both of our sides of the story.

i tried to call the HQ's today. that very same sergent answered the phone. i told him i wanted to talk to his boss and he put me through to his voicemail. i might go down there if i have time.

RESPECT

Hey

Hey man,
    I'm not gonna lie, I'm the third lifeguard who swam up to you and asked you to come talk to the cops. I was sitting 47th watching this whole thing go down. Sgt. Fisher was authoritative with you bc you were ignoring the surf beach facilitators who were whistling at you for like 30 minutes (The dudes in Yellow). We sent our off duty guard friend to politely ask you to move from the surf beach, and he told you that the lifeguards were trying to get you to move.
    Everytime we swim out, we don't always think to identify ourselves as guards. Personally, I figure the whistle around my neck sorta gives it away.
    I grew up here in OC (year round), and have been with the BP for 5 years. I feel like most people know the way the surfing beaches work. It's the 3 blocks in all of OC where surfers get preference.

~c2

Images
    Even though I understand your point of view regarding the guards additude, drifting 4 blocks is a little rediculous. My biggest pet peeve is seeing someone down the beach on a day with drift getting closer and closer as I get a good workout keeping my original position for 3 hours. Typically they drift closer until they finally stop. Where do they usually stop? Right up peak from me and choose that as the position to hold after a multiblock drift. Then they try giving you the stink eye as you paddle around them to take the set wave, human nature is very strange.

Why after 4 blocks of freedom would you even let yourself drift up on a group of ten surfers and not get out and run back up the beach to the open water? Is it just me who tries to give everyone space and hopes they will give me the same?
    Last edited by Zippy; Jul 17, 2010 at 01:07 AM.

Must have been an ego trip since they had the life guard comp that day down the beach. I watched some tools paddle out on surf boards at 36th street and nothing happened to them except a few faces plants followed by a whistle to get out.

I think they should have identified themselves but you must also be aware of what surrounds you.
    Last edited by Chris Joyner; Jul 17, 2010 at 01:21 AM.

so i hate most lifeguards as much as the next just some beach guidos tan work out and hit on underage girls.. but for real dude you were definately at fault.. instead of trying to act all agro yourself and making a stand that because they were rude so your going to stay in the surfing beach is just stupid.. when they ask you to move just move, it sucks we have surfing beaches but it keeps the place safer and they had the right to be mad you were that ignorant to just chill in the surf area without a surfboard. it pisses me off too when bbers can have the whole beach then they block up one small block surfers get and then sometimes others follow your lead

Images
    In NWW is differnt you are allowed to sponge at the surfing beach as long as you wear fins when you paddle out at the surfing beach . If you have no fins and you board is under a certain lenght you can sponge where ever you please.

I never had any isssue with BP in my area alot of them know who and I am and let me get away with minor stuff like no leash or if it not super crowded and I got past the flag on a good wave they let is slide

That makes no sense. You can sponge where you want as long as you don't have fins? I could see not letting people go out far if they don't have fins on, but that doesn't make any sense. Sponges don't bother anyone as far as danger goes. Surfboards are dangerous and I can't imagine why you'd want to be where the surfers are in the first place. Almost got hit a surfer the other day. The surfers area are crowded enough. Let them be alone. Go to the rest of beach and have a blast with no crowds of dangerous flying surfboards, unless of course it's a point break and that's where the shoulder of the wave is and it's no good elsewhere, but I think your talking about a sand break, right? I'm not familiar with the area.