LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Images
    why would you kick your board out if you don't have a leash?

Quote Originally Posted by delsurfer88 View Post
    why would you kick your board out if you don't have a leash?
    Word word word. I wonder how long the board was because I personally feel that longboarders are a hazard to the shortboarders. I often find that longboards are out of contral and I have to dodge then.

nahhhhhhh. Nathaniel RIPS! he'd never intentionally fling his board at someone. WTF!

that had to be one of the least informative & most useless news articles i've ever had the misfortune of reading. early on, it states that the defendant shot his board intentionally at the plaintiff. ok, but no explanation as to WHY (& there is always a reason for that sort of behavior). later in the article, it states that the plaintiff was hit w/ the board b/c the defendant wasn't wearing a leash, in violation of the law.
    ok, which is it? was the board shot at the guy on purpose? or was it simply negligence stemming from the guilty party's refusal to obey the law? it can't be both, & the article makes no attempt to clarify that.

that said, i surf w/out a leash all the time. in my last 6 sessions, i've lost my board a total of maybe 4 times. that same probably goes for most of the guys i see around here surfing w/out a leash. but if it's crowded, i wear one. but i generally surf early in the morning of late in the evening, when most folks have gone home. i intentionally avoid the peak hours of the day to try & miss the summer over-crowding.

what the problem seems to be here, is a lack of common sense.

This is why we need law enforcement in the water & signaling devices on surfboards. You shouldn't be able to surf without a license, inspection or insurance!

President Obama...are you listening?!

Images
    haha. This happens on the west coast every day. Its a regional classic. There are zero leash laws out here. We surf all year when its not too big without leashes. And if some kook drops in on you and you have no leash, you pull up right behind them on the face, lift your leading foot, stomp on the tail and launch your board like a missle right at the dudes arse crack. If you are good at this move, you wont even ding your board, you will just leave the perpatrator with a bloody a-hole. CLASSIC!

Someone really need to log into that hampton roads website and reply to all the ignorant user comments at the end of the article. Some SERIOUS surf hating. And since VB is a surf town, those retarded people need to be educated about surfing in general.

Images

Nuts!

'you a sleez bag piece of ****... sueing over that, and with a bag of lies. nate is semi respected amongst all of us who surf 79th regularly and to ask for money in compensation. the fact that you are even bringing this up this long after the Fact. it is all Bull **** you dont deserve to be in the Water.... and for Nater, Rip on.! matter of fact. i want a picture of this dousche bag posted so i can burn his ass every time he tries to paddle around this way.... INSANE.

Northender Guest
    woah, those comments at the bottom... They are saying that surfers are the reason for problems at the beach... What bothers me is when parents bring their 5 year olds right into a group of surfers and then think its our fault that we almost run them over... Cah razzy
    Last edited by Northender; Jul 17, 2010 at 11:51 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfde View Post
    Word word word. I wonder how long the board was because I personally feel that longboarders are a hazard to the shortboarders. I often find that longboards are out of contral and I have to dodge then.

I Surf without a leash all the time and will only leash up if its big out but thats it . Longboarders out of control how please explain I dont seen how that is possible unless you are considering a weekend kook on a Bic a longobarder. I and weaving threw shortboards all Day . Most of the ones in my area think they can sit inside and pick off waves all day even when someone is workin threw the wave sections. Or they are right in in your way looking at you with a blank stare as u are droping in and triming up to the lip

Its not a matter of Short or Long Board it people who are too ignorant and should not be in the water