LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Grey Whale

Images

Grey Whale

Just looked out the restaurant window at work and saw a GIANT grey whale out in the cove. He was swimming around the buoys and chilling for like 2 hours. I went out on the balcony to try and get some shots with my camera phone. But damn, that thing was amazing. I have never seen one that close to shore. Not even a mile off. Beautiful!!!! Kept coming to the top and using the ol' blow hole. There were like 25 swimmers swimming the cove doing the 1/4 mile buoys and they didn't even know. The thing was right by them! pretty sick... Right as the sun is setting on the ocean too. Insane...... Doesn't get much better than that. Hopefully one of these shady camera phone pics will come out so I can upload.... SICK THO!!!!! SICK!!!!

Images
    sounds pretty sweet man. I remember seeing a whale 4 days in a row last summer while I was guarding in bethany. it was probably 300 yds off the shore. I think it was a pilot whale, it wasnt very big (considering other whales) but still so cool to see. you lucked out haha