LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: kiteboarding

look up ben wilson for some nice strapless wave kiting

I kiteboarded down in florida, paid a grand for a kite and ripped it to shreds. This was in 2k3 and I think kites are better built and easier to handle now. I learned down in caberete in the DR and it took a week of lessons to get really dialed into it. The thing they really stressed was how dangerous it could be. I was told stories of kites wrapping around cars and spinning them around as well as guys getting flown into to road signs and getting really cut up. But its sweet. If you can do inverts on a wakeboard then you can do it, easier, on a kite.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulfcoast7 View Post
    I kiteboarded down in florida, paid a grand for a kite and ripped it to shreds. This was in 2k3 and I think kites are better built and easier to handle now. I learned down in caberete in the DR and it took a week of lessons to get really dialed into it. The thing they really stressed was how dangerous it could be. I was told stories of kites wrapping around cars and spinning them around as well as guys getting flown into to road signs and getting really cut up. But its sweet. If you can do inverts on a wakeboard then you can do it, easier, on a kite.
    how did you rip the kite to shreds?

kites are much safer now...back in 03 they only had c kites which basically have no depower, and are harder to learn on. c kites are now considered performance kites for wakestyle and kitelooping. (as opposed to bridled kites)

caberete is legit...arguably the biggest kiting spot in the world

kites wrapping around cars? idk about that... and why would u launch near a road sign.

i would not say that railys, what i assume you are calling inverts, are any easier on a kite. unhooked tricks take some balls

latest kite cam vid...local waves. Riding an Al Merrick 6'3" Flyer II in the "strapless board" clips.
    Kite Kam Vid, Delmarva

I thought about that when I was down in frisco and there was a flat spell. Our house was right on the pamlico sound. I thought about buying a kite and just cruise around the sound on my surfboard. until i realize it cost so much just for a kite. I have other things to spend 1000 dollars on..

spleeft, awesome kite surfing, but the rotating framing and the cheesy "metal" guitar solo make the vid 10x better.

Images
    Dean that Kite Cam vid is awesome! I see these guys out all the time while working and it is really fun to watch. They go out on days that no surfer would consider and make it look fun. I wish I wasn't such a klutz and had the time to try it. Spleeft has the best, most challenging SUP I have ever seen.

Zippy, camper rental dude?
    Thanks for the vid props!
    The Pocket Rocket has been workin great these past few swells!

Images
    I'm just learning to kite now, been kiting for a little over a month...
    Check out my video, nothing special but just want to show how quick you can learn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clhhby73hEk

Images
    Yup that's me .