LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

More Great Baja News

More great news on what used to be my favorite stretch of beach on the planet.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...umping-ground/

50+ bodies found in ANOTHER mass grave. They didn't even take the time to use the acid and melt all the bones down. They are getting lazy....

I posted this in case that guy who got a job in Ensenada was looking.

This might not make you change your mind, but this place is south of Texas, miles away from ensenada, 3 whole states away.
    Check out the new Issue of Trasnworld surf mag, they have an interesting article about surfers going to Mexico.
    I go to Mexico every year, I'm Mexican married to a north American, with my 2 kids, I visit my Family who live in Puerto Vallarta, and surf in every trip as much as I can and I have not had any problems, run-ins or anything with any drug related individuals, cartels or piles of death bodies.
    Just like the US, Mexico is a big country, obviously not as big, but this events are isolated.
    But everyone is entitled to belive what they want.

Images
    I know. I was not trying to feed the fears that anyone may already have. But, the truth is the truth. That article states that 25,000 people (that they know of, and whose bodies they have recovered) have been murderded down there in the last 3 years. The only people who are not scared are people who are from mexico. I work with 10 guys who live down there. They tell me how safe it is too.... It is what it is. Like I said in a post last week. In June, I had a family of 4 in my restaurant. They told me how they were on a tour bus down in Tecate, right south of the SD border. They said when the bus pulled up into one of the plants that they were touring, there were about 15-20 dead bodies laying in the street and on the sidewalks. All riddled with bullet wounds.... This was an eye witness account, and there was ZERO in the papers about it, on either side of the border....

So, to save face and promote what little tourism is left in Baja Norte, they are just covering things up with the media. They covered so many terrible inciedents, that now, they go unspoken, which is a shame.... All I know is a few thousand people are getting gunned down anually, 15 miles south of me. And I am sure 90% of it is drug related. But as anyone who has visited Baja knows, I would say a HUGE percentage of people down there are into the drug game one way or another. Whether you are the bartender in TJ selling pills and blow to people. Or you own the pharmacy. Or you are selling the $5 pillow cases of weed to tourists. I mean, everywhere in NORTE baja is full of drugs. Thats how the majority of people down there make money. Its the truth. So even hard working people are caught up in it...

I know that mexico is a HUGE place, but I am only speaking of the western border areas. Northern Baja in particular. You can put syrup on a pile or sh**, but it still aint pancakes... ya know? I would love to drive down to Erendira next week, cause its safe and beautiful there, but for us gringos, you gotta drive through a war zone to get anywhere. None of us are willing to do that anymore. It was already a crap shoot years ago when it was "safe". Forgettaboutit now.