LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Images

Beach necessities What do you bring

Beside your board and beverages and a chair what else do u bring??

When I make a day out of it with the wife and kids I bring the ususal stuff a blanket to layon, chairs , snaks and drinks towels and sunscreen

After many time of either me or the wife havin to chance down or replace our umbrella I decide to get this

It cost me 40 bucks at ****s Sporting Goods and sets up and comes down in seconds.

It has more shade than a umbrella and has a spf 50 rating .

Its pretty nice it chill in after a nice surf session

Images
    well really i just bring my backpack with a cell phone wax water and a pack of crakers and sometimes sunscreen.. im kinda a minimalist tho haha

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by soulrider View Post
    well really i just bring my backpack with a cell phone wax water and a pack of crakers and sometimes sunscreen.. im kinda a minimalist tho haha
    Yeah I am like that too if I am just going surf and head home . If its a family outing like it usually is on the weekends with me thats when I pack alot more. I also have a 5 gallon metal water jug and can charge with Co2 to rinse of my wesuite and other stuff after I am done. I keep that in the my truck though

nothing....

A pair of nasty old flip flops I can leave unattended on the beach if the street's hot...that's it.

I hate the beach

I see you are another member of the 2nd street following.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    I see you are another member of the 2nd street following.
    Hell yeah and I am the inventor of the free meter trick too

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    nothing....

A pair of nasty old flip flops I can leave unattended on the beach if the street's hot...that's it.

I hate the beach

me too..if its Hawaii or Indonesia I might spend some time walking around checking out the beautiful beaches.
    Around here...in the summer...i bring my cars keys to the beach...so i can drive the hell home after surfing.

off season is a different story...then maybe chill out, shoot some pics and enjoy the scenary/pumping waves
    Last edited by mitchell; Jul 26, 2010 at 05:07 PM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    nothing....

I hate the beach
    My flipflops fell apart yesterday and that sand felt like a bunch of hot coals.What a long walk.

There's a couple beaches around here with a lot of mica that makes the sand black. Talk about hot! Earlier in the season, before my feet got tough, I actually got blisters on the balls of my feet one day. That's a second degree burn....from sand.

The street's usually hotter. Ever try to walk on the white lines through a parking lot? Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    After many time of either me or the wife havin to chance down or replace our umbrella I decide to get this

That thing is pretty cool. I saw something similar to that in BJs and thought about it. We've got a 7 month old, though, so an umbrella will do for the 1 hr we have him on the beach. So...mama, baby and me:

- umbrella
    - chairs
    - blanket
    - soft cooler
    - towels
    - surfboard
    - 2 cars (I stay for more than an hour)

If it's just me, everything stays in the Jeep, but my key and my flops.