LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    for a summer surf - wax in boardshorts, key hidden on truck

to chill w/ gf and friends - cooler w/ water/sandwiches, chair(s), maybe a newspaper, maybe a little batty..

i'm going to just have a day at the beach (which is what assume you're asking about), then it's sunblock, a hat, book, towel, longsleeve shirt, sunnies, lip stuff, eye drops (contacts dry up something horrible after 4+ hours in the ocean), small cooler w/ water, iced tea, sandwiches, & snacks, chair, longboard, & fishy.

i have a trailer i use & just ride my bike...it's pretty nice to just be able to post up & have a day at the beach.

i bring my board, the boardshorts i'm wearing, and sometimes a water. that's it.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    nothing....

A pair of nasty old flip flops I can leave unattended on the beach if the street's hot...that's it.

I hate the beach
    My flipflops fell apart yesterday and that sand felt like a bunch of hot coals.What a long walk.

There's a couple beaches around here with a lot of mica that makes the sand black. Talk about hot! Earlier in the season, before my feet got tough, I actually got blisters on the balls of my feet one day. That's a second degree burn....from sand.

The street's usually hotter. Ever try to walk on the white lines through a parking lot? Ha!

If I'm going myself for a couple of hours session I just bring my board and some wax in my pocket. I put my car key in my leash and put the sunscreen on at the car. I really hate carrying stuff. I always bring water and a snack I leave in the car if I need it. If the family comes all bets are off and I turn into a mule.

Images
    If its me, the lady and the dog, I bring a quicksilver backpack that can hold a wet wetsuit inside of it and it is waterproof. A blanket. A small portable propane grill. Protein to throw on the grill... Then we buy these boxed pomogranite Margharitas.... You just break the box open, take the bag filled with liquid and put it in your backpack. It conforms to any shape... Then you bring some empty gatorade bottles, fill them up... So when the piggies roll by on 4 wheelers, they won't wave their magical alcohol wands over my beverage! ohhh... and some mo**er f**ing horse shoes.... Cats out here don't play horseshoes. Its a timeless beach classic!

Ohh yeah, and a surfboard might help too =)

So, the real question is this: How long do you sit with your girlfriend/wife etc on the beach when you get there, staring at the waves come in, before you grab your sh** and b-line out... My girl's pet peeve used to be that I would get to the beach, setup the blanket and everything, then immediately suit up and run out... She is always "Why do we even go to the beach??? I just sit there alone while you surf all day... "

So now when we go, I sip on a margharita or something with her for like 20-25 minutes, then once the US weekly magazine comes out... IM OUT! Gotta give a little to get a little... I used to not even pretend to care... I am a gentleman now and wait my 15 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    After many time of either me or the wife havin to chance down or replace our umbrella I decide to get this

That thing is pretty cool. I saw something similar to that in BJs and thought about it. We've got a 7 month old, though, so an umbrella will do for the 1 hr we have him on the beach. So...mama, baby and me:

- umbrella
    - chairs
    - blanket
    - soft cooler
    - towels
    - surfboard
    - 2 cars (I stay for more than an hour)

If it's just me, everything stays in the Jeep, but my key and my flops.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    There's a couple beaches around here with a lot of mica that makes the sand black. Talk about hot! Earlier in the season, before my feet got tough, I actually got blisters on the balls of my feet one day. That's a second degree burn....from sand.

The street's usually hotter. Ever try to walk on the white lines through a parking lot? Ha!
    been dealing with this for years.. haha

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopla Productions View Post
    what is the free meter trick?? ive been burned by those sob's so many times
    its nothing special it will cost you bottel or water and a quarter. basicly you take plastic ring off the edge for the water bottle insert it in to the meter and shove a quater in behing it . The computer in the meter thinks the meter is jammed and put a fail code in the disply where the time is . You cant get a ticket for a meter that isnt working

Quote Originally Posted by Ray F. View Post
    That thing is pretty cool. I saw something similar to that in BJs and thought about it. We've got a 7 month old, though, so an umbrella will do for the 1 hr we have him on the beach. So...mama, baby and me:

- umbrella
    - chairs
    - blanket
    - soft cooler
    - towels
    - surfboard
    - 2 cars (I stay for more than an hour)

If it's just me, everything stays in the Jeep, but my key and my flops.
    Yeah my and the wife have a 3 kids ages 6, 4, and 6 months. The umberella dont cut it and it cpl times it blew away while I was in the water and cpl of frogs for Qubec decided to try and keep it for them selves after they watched it blow outa the ground and watched my wife get up and get it . The tent take 2 mins to put up . I went to walmart and got bigger tent stakes to hold it in the ground tight. **** for 40 buck you cant go wrong. Even if you use it once you got your money out of it .

I also go a portable water system in my Landrover too I made for washing off and rinseing suits off . Comes in very handy hold 5 gallons and I charge it with Co2 so the charge last for a bit.