LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    If I am surfing I bring my board, and a little backpack with ice cold water, sunscreen, and thats pretty much it. I usually gotta get out of the water every hour at least to take a drink, and reapply the sunscreen. If I don't drink a lot of water I get a headache every day at the beach which makes the whole beach experience unpleasant. I usually ride my bike when it's just in town, and walk sometimes too. Spending a day on the beach when it's flat or hardly worth surfing for I bring water, chairs, and food, but I am usually with others when I sit on the beach. Regardless though I usually spend 85% of my time at the beach in the water. Even when it's flat or not worth riding. I just go in, and swim.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I also go a portable water system in my Landrover too I made for washing off and rinseing suits off . Comes in very handy hold 5 gallons and I charge it with Co2 so the charge last for a bit.
    My buddy did this with a pony keg by welding a bung on the side. It uses a standard pump tap for pressure. It actually is a novelty he originally built for a custom 1963 Ford Econoline van that he tricked out. If you go to care shows at the Jersey shore, you may see it. It's bright green and the back is filled with sand and surf memorabilia.

    But, I digress...

    I just keep (4) 1 gallon water jugs in a milk crate. Quick, easy and cheap.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Wildwood ,Nj
    Posts
    3,019
    Images
    5
    Yeah I have no money into it so I am already ahead. I guess that one of the benifits of working for a beverage company. I just like it cause its reuseable and lasts awhile. I wanna make a bracket and rig up some type ofr shower head for it

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Beside your board and beverages and a chair what else do u bring??

    When I make a day out of it with the wife and kids I bring the ususal stuff a blanket to layon, chairs , snaks and drinks towels and sunscreen

    After many time of either me or the wife havin to chance down or replace our umbrella I decide to get this



    It cost me 40 bucks at ****s Sporting Goods and sets up and comes down in seconds.

    It has more shade than a umbrella and has a spf 50 rating .

    Its pretty nice it chill in after a nice surf session
    Matt,Im not sure you realize this but if you look at the bottom right hand corner of the picture it appears that inadverently you shot a ghost.Time to call taps.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Wildwood ,Nj
    Posts
    3,019
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Matt,Im not sure you realize this but if you look at the bottom right hand corner of the picture it appears that inadverently you shot a ghost.Time to call taps.
    LOL theres already enough toolbags on the beach LOL

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Beside your board and beverages and a chair what else do u bring??

    After many time of either me or the wife havin to chance down or replace our umbrella I decide to get this

    It cost me 40 bucks at ****s Sporting Goods and sets up and comes down in seconds.

    It has more shade than a umbrella and has a spf 50 rating .

    Its pretty nice it chill in after a nice surf session

    Matt, I'm looking for a tent for the beach and I remember seeing this post from you. How does this tent work in the wind... It looks like the wind might catch it easily... The pisture makes look like it could act like a sail and catch wind and be gone... Let me know.

    Thanks,

    Eric

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Wildwood ,Nj
    Posts
    3,019
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by EinVB View Post
    Matt, I'm looking for a tent for the beach and I remember seeing this post from you. How does this tent work in the wind... It looks like the wind might catch it easily... The pisture makes look like it could act like a sail and catch wind and be gone... Let me know.

    Thanks,

    Eric
    Actually it was windy when ti tool this pic there is Mesh netting around the bottom to let wind and air pass threw it and just as a little extra peice of mind I bought some bigger tent stakes at walmart for 12 bucks. they are longer than the once you get with the tent and work alot better. So far it hasnt blown away yet. It really a good tent and set up and take down is really easy

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Actually it was windy when ti tool this pic there is Mesh netting around the bottom to let wind and air pass threw it and just as a little extra peice of mind I bought some bigger tent stakes at walmart for 12 bucks. they are longer than the once you get with the tent and work alot better. So far it hasnt blown away yet. It really a good tent and set up and take down is really easy

    Cool, thats good to know. It looks nice... Is it tall enough to stand in? If so, I think I might have to hit up Dix Sporting Goods and see if they have it down here...

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Wildwood ,Nj
    Posts
    3,019
    Images
    5
    Yeah you can stand in it if you hunch over a bit . it got enough room for a cooler 2 chairs a short board and a baby seat .

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    38
    Gotcha... Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated.