LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chadwick
    Posts
    1,330

    yet another epic swell in a countless string

    everybody was talking it up all week long,'this weekend's gonna be good,'and then yesterday while surfing what must have been all-time swell all the talk was about 'it's gonna be even better tomorrow,' as if it could possibly be better than yesterday,i mean when i'm being hassled for waves by 6-year old girls on nsp's i know it must be epic,so here we are,it's TOMORROW, and i'm maxed out,undergunned,it's too pumping,i'm hiding under the covers until the swell dies down

  2. #2
    Its the summertime blues! Its really gonna suck when we finally do get a good swell because everybody and their brother will be out.

  3. #3
    nothing can suck about a good swell at this point, I don't care if were stacked on top of each other out there....this dribble has gone on long enough! Give me head high to 1-2 ft OH or give me death!!!!!!!!!!

    PRAY FOR HURRICANES!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH...I'm going out of my f@%!&*# mind!!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    nothing can suck about a good swell at this point, I don't care if were stacked on top of each other out there....this dribble has gone on long enough! Give me head high to 1-2 ft OH or give me death!!!!!!!!!!

    PRAY FOR HURRICANES!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH...I'm going out of my f@%!&*# mind!!!!!!!!
    I hear ya, I didn't say that I would not be one stacked up in the lineup. I am getting ready to head out for low tide for todays knee to waist swell. I'll go out in just about anything to get wet. Its the time my mind is clear and feel at peace.

    Take a soul trip..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Saint Augustine Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    25
    Images
    11
    I find that at in these drought stricken moments of summer, it doesn't hurt to ingest an 8th of some psilocybe cubensis. Thataway, you really have no depth perception or scale of wave height and everything is epic. Just my 2 cents...
    ________
    Iphone games
    Last edited by kdubya; Mar 3, 2011 at 08:16 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    .....i mean when i'm being hassled for waves by 6-year old girls on nsp's.....
    Are you one of the 37 heads I saw bobbing in the calf-high shore break at the 1st street jetty yesterday?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Over the Hills and Far Away
    Posts
    26

    Thumbs down

    3.6 ft at 11 seconds was the forecast for this morning at 8am. It was ankle high beach break closeout. Hate to be negative but I donít think you can butcher a forecast any worse than that.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by sccrmic09 View Post
    3.6 ft at 11 seconds was the forecast for this morning at 8am. It was ankle high beach break closeout. Hate to be negative but I donít think you can butcher a forecast any worse than that.
    It happens all the time. It's not just this site. The national weather service can't even get a coastal wind forecast speed and directions right at 8:00am for winds at 2:00pm. It's the computer models that the forecasters use. They suck. Fairly simple. Meteorology is an inexact science.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb2056 View Post
    It happens all the time. It's not just this site. The national weather service can't even get a coastal wind forecast speed and directions right at 8:00am for winds at 2:00pm. It's the computer models that the forecasters use. They suck. Fairly simple. Meteorology is an inexact science.

    Yeah, tell me about it, I even have to paddle into my own waves. You would think with technology by now I could just lay there and get spontaneously thrust into the wave....BUT NO...i have to f'ing paddle with my own arms.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    Yeah, tell me about it, I even have to paddle into my own waves. You would think with technology by now I could just lay there and get spontaneously thrust into the wave....BUT NO...i have to f'ing paddle with my own arms.
    I know, what a joke, right!?