LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks

Thanks, everyone for the encouraging words. I was actually considering a 9'6" Walden Magic. Would that be a little too much of an intermediate board for me? What about the new Mega Magic? I am thinking one of them at 9' being 24" wide and 4" thick would float good but not be too hard to manuver? Thanks again everyone.

Thanks for the advice. I was actually considering a 9'6" Magic or do you think that might be a bit more intermediate than I need. What about the new Mega Magics I'm reading about. I'm thinking at 9' and 24" wide and 4" thick, it would float me well, but not be too tough to manuver. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by rockajet View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I was actually considering a 9'6" Magic or do you think that might be a bit more intermediate than I need. What about the new Mega Magics I'm reading about. I'm thinking at 9' and 24" wide and 4" thick, it would float me well, but not be too tough to manuver. Thanks again.
    I've ridden both of them. The 9.0 Mega Magic floats like a 10.0 but is EXTREMELY light - actually in my opinion too light and I don't think you'll find a used one anywhere. They cost approx 750 to 800. I would go with the Magic Model 9.6 or 10.0. I would lean toward the 10.0. It's a great choice and you can grow into it. For its size it drops into waves real nice and is an easier board to turn. I don't think you can go wrong with that choice. A new one can range from 750 to 895 but a clean used one can be had for 500. It you must buy new try to find a surf shop that has a new older one in stock - you may get it for 650 to 700. They (GSI) change the deck colors almost every year and that will date the board.