LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Recall what blank you used???

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Recall what blank you used???
    my friend Mike Hague (Hague Surfboards) gave me the of the top cut of one of the big 24 inch x 8 foot EPS blocks he uses (if that makes any sense). So the "blank" i used was factory-edge flat on top, and hot wire cut on the bottom. So it was the throw-away scrap from the top of a block. It didnt have much rocker to begin so I bent in the additional rocker with heat, and weights, and once it was bent in, had Mike glue in a stringer.

I've since made a 5'9" round nose fish out of the Marko foam Pescadero EPS blank and it pretty much had perfect modern-fish rocker from the get go. In fact the reason i'm selling this board is that 5'9" is so nice.

Pluses and minuses to that off-cut of billet foam... it's good and hard on the deck side, but is harder to finish shape cleanly, right? Marko's a different world completely. Picking up one of those Marko's with parabolic stringers mid week. Should be interesting...

such a good price, too bad i have no way of getting to ocmd. is there any way you could get those boards to monmouth county area? If you did, I would definitely buy the neptune fish. otherwise good luck selling the boards someone will definitely pick it up for that price