LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    How do you that they are all Mexicans? Hispanic equals Mexican in the same way White equals American.

2. Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    How do you that they are all Mexicans? Hispanic equals Mexican in the same way White equals American.
    and being against illegal immigration makes you a racist? What a bunch of PC crap.

By the way, we should also arrest all of the Canadians hanging around looking for day work. Has anybody checked Neil Young's papers? He's Canadian and I hear he lives and works in CA.

3. Every immigrant group has had their turn at the bottom when they came to this country. Its the Mexicans, Guatamalans, etc. turn right now. The same arguments being used against the current illegal immigrants (crime, taking our jobs, we don't need any more people, etc) was used against other groups back in the 1800's and early 1900's.

Illegal or legal, they are coming here for a better life. Our immigration system is broken. If we made it easier to come here leagally and get them in the system, paying taxes, etc then the problem would be less, but xenophobia would still exist. Just look at past immigrant groups who came here "legally" then met with prejudice from the previous groups that immigrated here.

Unless you are Native American, you are here illegally.

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by HollowDaze View Post
    and being against illegal immigration makes you a racist? What a bunch of PC crap.

By the way, we should also arrest all of the Canadians hanging around looking for day work. Has anybody checked Neil Young's papers? He's Canadian and I hear he lives and works in CA.
    It's not PC crap, it's a simple matter of knowing what you're talking about.

5. Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    It's not PC crap, it's a simple matter of knowing what you're talking about.
    hmmmm.... interesting logic. What do you know about illegal immigration that you're holding back? That supporters of illegals cry racism to mask the true crime of people being here illegally? You should be advising the Fed Gov't in it's suit against Arizona.

As far as xenophobia, I'm not buying it. Another fancy term for "you're a racist if you oppose illegal immigration." As evidenced by my previous posts to this thread, I support legal immigrants and their quest for a better life. My grandparents were immigrants who came thorough Ellis Island. Don't believe this malarkey that anyone who isn't an "American Indian" is an "illegal immigrant." Last I heard, American Indians only control small parts of this country where you can put a quarter in a slot machine or buy a pack of tax free smokes.

Last I heard, American Indians only control small parts of this country where you can put a quarter in a slot machine or buy a pack of tax free smokes.
    True, but I don't think you can say that they had much choice in that arrangement.

Mexicans aren"t the illegals in this country and what the F does this have to do with surfing?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbadexample View Post
    True, but I don't think you can say that they had much choice in that arrangement.
    I agree. Native Americans didn't have much choice. They were the true natives in this country and got screwed royally.

Most Native Americans are against illegal immigrants and actual work on the border patrol units. They will help illegals that are in harms way but also do not allow them to come into the country illegally. I do believe that you have to come thru legal channels. When people from other countries come here legally (some wait for 15 years), then it isn't really fair allow illegals to just jump over the fence. That is the difference between past immigrants who had to deal with racism and illegal immigrants. Even though the past immigrants faced racism, they came here legally as imposed to the illegal immigrants today. You can't say don't enforce this law but enforce others. Soon we will be against enforcing more laws and then have real problems.

We have a current legal immigration process in place. It is to prevent over population that towns can't handle and also prevent crimes. We can't handle an influx of this many people and the drain on the economy. It definitely needs some fixes but the law has to be followed.

I didn't mean to imply that all illegals are Mexicans. I apologize if anyone took it that way. I am against all illegal immigration no matter where that person is from (Europe, Mexico, Australia, Canada, Russia, ).

last time I went to Mexico the cops racially profiled me and pulled me over for no legal reason, and held me up for just over $400

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray F. View Post
    Since this thread has derailed, I'll add a link to a brief that takes almost 10 minutes to watch.
    classic...thanks for posting that Ray.

I loved his last line "Congress merely has to reduce the number back to 1965"

And people make this whole immigration thing out to be SO complicated.