LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Jacobs isnt a pop out brand .

http://www.surftech.com/boardDetails...skill=advanced

anyone have any other articles about this topic they would care to share?

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    & honestly, as a shop employee, there's nothing worse than dealing w/ a customer who feels entitled to get a "bro deal" on various things. i scream inside every time someone asks if i can throw a trac pad or leash in for free if they buy a board or if i can knock $100 off the price. you either need/want the board or you don't & you can either pay retail for it, or you can't. if $100 is going to make or break you, go order a custom & avoid the (ridiculously small) retail mark up.

Totally agree. There is a false sense of entitlement in surfing whether it be localism or consumerism. For some reason the average surfer thinks they deserve a bro-deals on surfboards. If you want a bro deal, get out there and compete and prove you deserve it. Then a shaper will give you a bro deal so that other surfers see you ripping and winning on their board and they get more sales. Otherwise, STFO and pay full price like everyone else. These guys are already working for peanuts. And yes it's not right that they make little pay for what they do, BUT they make their own schedules, surf when they want, and do what they love. A meager living is a small price to pay for that opportunity. But then some punk kid thinks they deserve a cut of what little profit these guys are already making. It's that same attitude that has ruined our economy. Last time I got a bro deal from a shaper I paid him full price anyway because I can and he deserves it. If the average surfer actually knew how much work is involved in making a surfboard they wouldn't be second guessing $500 for clear sanded finish shortboard.

Support surfer labor.
    Last edited by rDJ; Aug 5, 2010 at 08:48 PM.

4. Thank you.

Images
    Exactly I rather pay a bit more for a hand shaped custom board they buy some "TOP" brand off the rack board just cause thats the in thing.

Yeah I know people think I am the pot calling the kettle black cause I ride Bings but , That not all I ride. I have boards shaped buy local shapers and they are probally some of the best boards I have ever ridden in my Quiver.

Yeah everyone who buys one big item in a shop thinks they deserve the Bro Deal . If you really wanna get a hook up at the local shop you gotta earn it by either being a hardcore supporter of the shop, Ride for the shop , Or Work for the shop

The Bro Deal is a gift that has to be earned!

Images

Wrv

Wrv,East Coast.Not all of off the racks are made equal.I believe hand shaped as well.I agree about buying USA but you really have to practice what you preach.I drive a Chevy Truck,my wife has a Pontiac and my company car is a Ford.You might buy from a local shaper which is great but whats parked in your driveway?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Wrv,East Coast.Not all of off the racks are made equal.I believe hand shaped as well.I agree about buying USA but you really have to practice what you preach.I drive a Chevy Truck,my wife has a Pontiac and my company car is a Ford.You might buy from a local shaper which is great but whats parked in your driveway?
    Quality is in my driveway

Very nice,Matt Johnson,Very nice.We Know Hyperflex is USA.Anyone know where some of these wetsuits are coming from?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Very nice,Matt Johnson,Very nice.We Know Hyperflex is USA.Anyone know where some of these wetsuits are coming from?
    Japan have done wild stuff with neoprene and they are making it warmer, More flexible and better for the enviorment