LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    If I forget to take it off beforehand, I put it on my middle finger (bigger knuckle) and it never comes off. In fact, its a b*tch to get off once I have it on that finger. Bottom line, don't get married.
    HaHaHa!!!!!

Since this thread was dug up......

Being a woodworker, I make my own wedding bands and just wear the simple ones that didn't take me long to make when I'm in the water. If it breaks, so what. I never lose them, I have huge knuckles and the flexibility of the wood ring is about the only thing that will allow me to even get the thing on or off.

Images
    My wedding band has links so it's flexible and easy to take on and off. I always take it off when I work out or surf. Better safe than sorry. A friend of mine has been through 3 in four years...he takes it off now.

i take mine off. Luckily for me i do. I jammed a few fingers up on the ocen floor recently, and my ring finger swelled up pretty good. Would have had to have it cut off.

I've been married 8 yrs, surf 150+ sessions a year and never take it off, but a friend of mine who I surf with has lost 4 in the 15 yrs married, all of them while surfing

I like that idea BrandX. Been married for 17 yrs, and have surfed with it on and off. Like to have it on, so may have to buy a cheap surfing band.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandx View Post
    been married 12 years this sunday and only take off the ring to put on my lobster claws in the winter since they squeeze my fingers together a bit and the ring hurts after a while.

One thing I did was put my original gold band in a drawer and bought a titanium band on ebay for $25 that I wear all the time - its tougher, looks good, and if I lose it its not a big deal.

I am on my third ring since i didnt like the fit of the first two (I'm a machinist). Neither my wife or I are too sentimental about the one that some preist waved his magical hand over, but i still have that original one in a drawer somewhere.

I can't surf with it.. only time i even notice it, have to take it off.. just doesnt feel harmonious with nature.

Also.. it shines like a fishing lure! I figure wearing it is just asking for a bite

Get a chain and wear it around your neck if it means something to her that you always have it on. I lost one immediately the first time I ever forget to leave it in the car. The one I wear now has 7 diamonds in it and is platinum so I leave it at the house with my late father's vintage Rolex- can't take any chances with either off them. My wife just got me an original Shark Freestyle for Father's day so I won't be late for work or have to bug anybody for the time.

I'm still on my first ring and wife and I try not to surf with the former. When I do I have to move it to a different finger so it doesn't slip. If my wife is home while I'm heading out for a session, I put it on her thumb and give her a kiss. Haven't lost either her or it that way yet.

The day of our first wedding anniversary we were at J.P. Luby in Corpus Christi. This was before I started putting the ring on my wife's finger, so I put it in my hat and paddled out into an Epic day of Gulf surf (1-3' windswell I believe). When I paddled back in I toweled off, cracked a Lone Star tall boyand put my hat back on without a care in the world. That night at dinner, during a toast congratulating us on our first year, I noticed that my left ring finger was about a 1/8 oz. too light. I turned to my spouse and said, I've lost my ring, but I know right where it is, we have to go and buy a metal detector and get there before the tide comes in. We went to Accademy, bought a 100$ metal detector, drove back to J.P.Luby, I spotted the tire tracks from my Father's car and said park right in the same spot. I popped in the batteries, hopped out of the passenger seat and waved the metal detector around a couple of times. A beep later and I had my wedding ring back. Haven't lost it since, knock on wood.

I almost always take mine off. If I forget to, I just paddle with my fingers locked together (or get out and put it in the car). Only three years here, but haven't lost it yet.