So, I am getting Married in about 3 weeks. I obviously already got my fiance's engauagement ring and the wedding band that I give her on the day of. We went into the jeweler a few days ago to look at the Men's Wedding Bands. I tried on a few. The simple plain ones. Just a white gold band. Then My Fiance and I were talking, and I asked her... "Well, since I surf everyday, does this mean that I will have to take the ring off before every session"... She replies: Of course not, you never take the ring off.

I respond: "Well, I would hate to paddle a mile out in winter surf, and be duck diving a set wave, and come up with no ring on my finger."

I mean, we have all been hit by waves that almost rip our entire wetsuits off....

So, my logic is that Married guys just take the ring off, then put it back on... I just can't see getting through a whole fall and winter of surfing every day without the thing slipping right off my finger....

After having this conversation, I started thinking about my local lineup. All the guys i know with a wife and kids... ANd in my mind, I picture them all, in the lineup, with no rings on... I would have noticed a rind by now... I am assuming/remembering that no body I know wear's the wedding band in the water....

Any thoughts from my already married compadres?