LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Another Shortboard Post

I surf northeast...Maine to be more specific. We tend to have weird swells and very mushy and small waves. I'm looking for a shortboard that I can rip around and control very easily so I can do cutbacks and whatever on smaller waves. We do tend to have the occasional storm that will bring in waves. I'm starting to surf everywhere and I'm looking for a good shorter board that will be able to handle knee high to probably shoulder high or higher. (I already have a board that is perfect for big waves.) I'm looking for something in the 5 foot range...Preferably between 5'5'' - 5'10"

Oh yeah, I'm 5"11' 160 pounds.

I've had my eye on the JS Blak Box and a few other boards but what seems to handle very well in smaller waves?

Thanks,

agnsurfer
    Last edited by agnsurfer; Aug 11, 2010 at 03:28 AM.

short boards....

....i am same ht lbs as you, i have a quad 5'7 chemistry disk, its fun, gets really squirely in bigger surf, also have a 6-2 chemistry Al-Chemist: super fun board in small surf.

Images
    Yeah I also have a 6"2' Flyer so that's what I use in bigger waves.

5'8 firewire dominator.. or a 5'6

Images
    i have a 5'9" Merrick Flyer thats super fun in small surf

Images
    Yeah, I have a 6'2" Flyer also but I want something a little smaller that I can really whip around easily. I'm thinking about the Merrick Whip. Any thoughts?

5'8' Lost stealth, Firewire el fuego or dominator

get a rocket. everyones got one. lostenterprises.com

Images
    RNF handles reall nice in smaller mushier waves. with a quad fin setup youd be set

rockets don't grovel well.. better wave board... dominators have 5 fin set up i ride mine as a quad and goes insane from knee high to head +