LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: E Swell

Images
    meh doesnt look too bad aside from the chop. fine if you're riding a shortboard, so I'm pretty pumped. As long as it's big i dont really care

Quote Originally Posted by BonerSurfs View Post
    An east swell hitting a west facing beach will usually be too walled up, and close out a lot. ...with the south east winds, I would look for a break that faces north.
    Yea... this is one of those "local knowledge" situations. I think you're right, except if you've been keeping an eye on the sandbars and know what particular jetty, pipe, beachie... has some potential for a tide or two. But for the most part, you want the swell to hit the beach at an angle for the best form, and head on for the best size.

when its choppy its just annoying and frustrating. u get out of the water feeling like u suck... not fun

all these swell/wave height/buoy things look pretty big in comparison to colin,but it's only calling waist to chest.can you please explain why it's not forecast bigger with 6ft.buoy/wave height?

I pray for swell to only come during the week and not the weekends. All the bennie kooks, seasonals and weekend warriors kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    all these swell/wave height/buoy things look pretty big in comparison to colin,but it's only calling waist to chest.can you please explain why it's not forecast bigger with 6ft.buoy/wave height?
    Because it's a short period wind swell; @ 6 seconds... Colin was a medium period groundswell at around 10-11 seconds

too be honest...im kinda stoked..i think itll be better than damn colin

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Yea... this is one of those "local knowledge" situations. I think you're right, except if you've been keeping an eye on the sandbars and know what particular jetty, pipe, beachie... has some potential for a tide or two. But for the most part, you want the swell to hit the beach at an angle for the best form, and head on for the best size.
    Thank you!!! Someone understands what I'm talking about...

Seriously though... If u don't get this concept, then your just silly... East swell are always notorious for being walled up close outs, and it because the swell is basically hitting the beach dead on... So if you have the option, find somewhere that the swell is hitting the beach at an angle, the waves will be shaped much better...

Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    "An east swell hitting a west facing beach".. think about that one skippy.
    Ya... my dang... east swell hitting an east facing beach...

west.

these swells are great for the west facing beaches.