LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Fall/Hurricane Swell Board

Hey, I was wondering if you guys know of a good board for the fall/hurricane season, maybe a few days in the winter. I ride a 5'9 Al Merrick K-Small right now, but I'm not sure it will hold up very well in bigger stuff. I'm 5'9 and weigh 130lbs, but I like my boards a little bigger so I can get in front of the wave faster. Any suggestions?
    (LBI surf btw)

I'm selling a good board for hurricane surf. I've only had it since December and rode it only on the overhead days since then which weren't many. Ridden 10x tops. Here it is:

http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8728

that board is probably a little big for him

Right and he says he likes his boards a little bigger.

you have to paddle harder and get up quicker, that's why you're not 'getting ahead of the wave'. if you want a bigger board for this reason, look @ longboards

dude stop merphing his sale

Images
    ok to clarify what i meant by "i like my boards a little bigger" i mean 1 or 2 inches bigger than usual. now im not an expert boards made for bigger waves, so i dont know what the height would be

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ND081 View Post
    ok to clarify what i meant by "i like my boards a little bigger" i mean 1 or 2 inches bigger than usual. now im not an expert boards made for bigger waves, so i dont know what the height would be
    http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/spo/1871679344.html
    here ya go dude

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    oh nice, is that yours?

Quote Originally Posted by ND081 View Post
    Why don't you surf what you have until you find it's limit?

While I have built a quiver, every purchase was based on a limitation of what I presently had. Why take a chance on a new board without knowing the limits of what you already have?

Surf your K-Small.