LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guitar.

Images

Guitar.

So im looking to start playing guitar...if anyone on here plays, do you know of a good starting guitar? not to expensive but not a cheap one either.

Believe it or not, Yamaha's are pretty good (acoustic or electric). They're cheap ($150ish), play well and sound decent. You can find them at Guitar Center.

Images
    Alright thanks, im going for an electric. I'll have to take a look at those.

Images
    i wouldnt go for a yamaha electric. acoustic is fine though, i have one myself. most Epiphones are good, but not as cheap. The SG is cool

Fender's " Squire " or Ibanez makes a complete starter kit for around 100 to 180 dollars. Should come with Guitar, Amp, Case, maybe an extra pair of strings and a CD or something.. Both are great starter guitars. Ive heard both guitars played from novice to guys who've been playing 13 years..they sound pretty good.. and if you end up loosing interest later on, your not out too much money. My 2cents. Been playing 11 years, Started on a Squire. its now my " Franken-Squire " and being modded out..

Images
    Ive heard Epiphones are good. Im looking for a decent guitar under like 350$

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davemac View Post
    Fender's " Squire " or Ibanez makes a complete starter kit for around 100 to 180 dollars. Should come with Guitar, Amp, Case, maybe an extra pair of strings and a CD or something.. Both are great starter guitars. Ive heard both guitars played from novice to guys who've been playing 13 years..they sound pretty good.. and if you end up loosing interest later on, your not out too much money. My 2cents. Been playing 11 years, Started on a Squire. its now my " Franken-Squire " and being modded out..
    Ill have to take a look at those too. thanks for all the info.

Images
    An Epiphone electric in the $350 range will be a pretty nice guitar for a beginner. Never liked the Squires but Epiphone is a Gibson after all. I buy a lot from http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ and another place that I can't remember out of NJ I think. Both have great prices and fast shipping. If you see something nice from a local shop at a good price go for it but the online places usually have some very candid reviews. I have an old Yamaha Nippon Gakki Red label that I love.

Images
    definitely check out www.musiciansfriend.com, I started with a squier I bought from there and it wasn't bad at all. If you want a good beginning electric I'd head that way. The best acoustics I've found are ovation guitar but are quite expensive. I have a black ovation that is acoustic/electric and it sounds amazing. By the way, they're having a huge sale on musicians friend so get on it if you want a deal.
    Last edited by superbust; Aug 13, 2010 at 12:57 AM.

Images
    I know a few people who play and they hate guitar center but love musiciansfriend. ill definitely look into that website. I just gotta learn how to play haha. Ive always wanted to, just been to lazy to start, thanks for all the info again everyone!