LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Great White/Trestles

I am sure someone else posted this already. If not take a peek.

SUP'r filmed 2 great whites at Trestles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfwg7yvSipo

Images
    official video here...

http://vimeo.com/14054518

If that dude got eaten I wouldn't feel bad for a second. Stupid is as stupid does. Don't mess with great whites.

i was there right around time he filmed it and i swear i felt something go around my leg when i was out there but it was small like a fish i think

They are pretty common there.

But this one may be from the Monterey Bay Aquarium. When they are done with them they tend to drop them in our local surf spots around Monterey Bay. It's important to remind them to take them back where they came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Scobeyville View Post
    I am sure someone else posted this already. If not take a peek.

SUP'r filmed 2 great whites at Trestles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfwg7yvSipo
    Complete moron. Yeah let's get close to a wild dangerous alpha predator on purpose. He should have brought a shotgun with him on the sup and shot the shark. That shark would have been tuna That would have been worth watching. haha
    Last edited by mikeb2056; Aug 18, 2010 at 06:44 PM.

that's not exactly Trestles, that's actually San Onofre. 2 giveaways: One, you can see the nuclear plant in the background, and 2) there seems to be an absence of about 1000 surfers, whether it's flat or not.

Freaking love those things. There were a few sightings of them when I was out there.

Quote Originally Posted by scypher View Post
    Freaking love those things. There were a few sightings of them when I was out there.
    I'm sure they'd love you too.(dinner bells are ringing) haha

Images
    I've never seen such an empty la jolla cove. There are like 3 swimmers out there doing the buoy runs, as opposed to the 3000 per day that you typically see. I mean, for SoCal, this really has been the emptiest lineups ive ever seen. The june/july gloom helped us surfers get the water to ourselves an extra month, and now that the beaches are finally packed, SUMMER IS OVER IN 2 WEEKS!!!! YEAH!

But yeah, this whole media shark craze lately is really helping thin out the lineups.

Keep up the good work.

I guess I need to start swimming laps at my local break in my fake shark suit once a week or so to keep this thing going.

And yeah, that stretch of beach has always had decent white shark populations roaming around it... But it got really bad about 6 or 7 years ago, when they thought it would be a good idea to BURY, yes BURY, a dead whale carcus on the beach... And for the entire next year, there were like 20 shark sighting per month.... So finally, like a year later, they dug up the whale carcus and moved it, becuase surfers were reporting increased sighting, and they were saying that when they would take their wetsuits off, it would wreak of blubber and rotten fish...

So yes, someone in local government thought that it was smart to bury Great White Shark food on the beach, so that it slowly emits into the ocean for the next decade...

And that is an old story, that wasn't really talked about after they moved the carcus... But, I am pretty sure that there may still be some kind of lingering effects from that. I mean, those monsters can smell anything from miles away, so I would only "Assume" that there may be a link...

Bu yeah, from O-Side to Trestles, there have been plenty of white sighting over the past 5-7 years.... Most of the time, it doesnt get national attention. This is just one of those years, like with earthquakes, the media decides to run with every shake of the ground, when normally it is always happening anyway, but the general public, like it is so interested in Sharks, it seems to be interested in earthquakes, so media gives the people what they want... A nice big scare!