LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

August 2010 so far...

fukin sucks....

hopefully i'll be wrong in the next week or 2.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    fukin sucks....

hopefully i'll be wrong in the next week or 2.
    dude, we just had a fun swell the past couple days.. it could of been way worst!

just had four decent size days in a row,and the week before that two decent size days from colin.these two swells were pretty messed up a lot,but if you were persistent you'd be totally stoked and surfed out.six out of sixteen days,and the month is only half over,so,yeah,august has been just alright with me so far,since there has been two swells of some size,speed and power.

I got no beef with August thus far. Two half-way decent swells already...Definately could be way worse

Images
    could definitely be worse.... I have to remind everyone that the tropical season usually doesn't really get cranking until September. Good storms do develop in August, but the Cape Verde Season usually cranks em out much more often in September. Don't lose faith on the tropics yet...

Images
    yesterday i surfed 4-6 foot glassy heaving beachbreak barrels down at Sturns in rodanthe with only seven other guys out, 3-5 foot clean long lines at the hatteras lighthouse, and 3-4 with occ. 5 ft glassy A-frame barrels with only one other guy out. I myself have no room to complain about this august so far.

Images
    you guys are lucky. Where I am (snj) sucked this entire swell. I just got off the phone from a buddy who's in NC and he was getting 6-8 foot ridable surf yesterday.

6-8'??? Ahhhh, ok, if you/your friend say so...

Regardless, the past 3-4 days have been fun and last Sunday was way fun...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    you guys are lucky. Where I am (snj) sucked this entire swell. I just got off the phone from a buddy who's in NC and he was getting 6-8 foot ridable surf yesterday.
    im in North jerz and it was storng onshore everyday.. it was a mess.. but i was still having fun!

As whole it's been quiet this year. Although I definitely managed to get some fun waves on the last two swells, overall they were pretty marginal quality wise. Winds/waves/tides and all never really came together near me. Second half of August usually gets pretty active. 2 - 3 named storms and usually one of them is a 'caine. Cape Verdes machine will start pumping them out soon. Africa's monsoon season is starting and conditions over the Atlantic seem to be very favorable to allow development of any of those storms that head off Africa.

It's only a matter of time...