So, I just called Delta to check on the baggage pricing for my trip back east next week.

I need to bring: One large suitcase with all my sh** in it.
One Golf Bag with the clubs in it
One 6'0 shortboard in a boardbag for A/C and Maui.

Delta Just told me that the golf clubs fall into a "Regular Bag" category, and will be checked in at $35.00

And then the Delta Rep said that surfboards fall into a "Flex sporting category". I gave him the board dimensions and asked him with the price was, he put me on hold and then told me that to bring the board, it will be a $205.00 charge... FOR ONE 6'0 BOARD!!!!

Im freaking out, cause that is only for my ONE WAY trip to the east coast... So I will have to pay this sh** again to take it to maui and back...

So, Jersey Heads: How easy will it be for me to rent a decent board for 24 hours? I know in OC MD, i have to know someone at Malibus to get a decent board rental. They will rent me the team rider board for a day or something, cause every shop down there only rents foamies and sh**y boards....

I will be in AC this wednesday and thursday... Not to curse it, but its looking chest high for both days...

So, what shop can I hit up around 3:00pm on wednesday, rent a decent shortboard, and return it on Thurday on our way out of town. I just want one session Thursday, and a dawn patrol and im out...

Any advice on getting a decent board for a day?

Now, I have to figure out WTF im going to do in Maui for 10 days.... I can't pay 200$ each way to take my board. I might as well just fu**ing buy a new one there... ThIS IS NUTS!!!!

I flew home 2 years ago with 2 boards and it cost $50 each way!!!!!