LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Danielle

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Atlantic annual tropical storm/hurricane tracks back to the 1800s are here...i would be a bit skeptical of the accuracy/completeness of the data prior to 1900 since it was based almost entirely on ship reports and large parts of the atlantic are outside of the shipping lanes.

And your right ... 1944 does look pretty nasty

http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/hurrarchive.asp
    http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/at1933.asp

1933 looks pretty gnarly too. Thats the year that OC was ripped in half and the inlet was naturally created. Pretty cool archive. There is only one major track that looks like it passed over OC, but this map must be a tad off, cause I dont see a direct hit that year. Crazy stuff tho. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    What? Cat 4? Look at Colin's strength and track....and what it provided.
    Haha ya seriously it can be Category 1 and we'd definitely see some overhead waves

The waves from TS Danielle will also be determined by fetch and duration and which side of the storm is the strongest (e.g., SE vs W). If she is a slow moving Cat 1/2 between the 25 to 40 latitudes then we can expect some nice swells, but they will be longer period...

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    What? Cat 4? Look at Colin's strength and track....and what it provided.
    Colin passed by us to the west of the Bermuda (68 W). Unless it's a pretty strong storm our swell window is typically 65 W. When I originally posted the models showed TD 6 track recurving around 55W. In order for a storm that far away to make swell for us it has to be pretty strong (ie lots of fetch). TD 6 will not get as close as Colin but the models are now showing it possible that it could reach 65 W.

Regarding 1933

Regarding 1933...the "Chesapeake-Potomac Hurricane" looks like it came pretty darn close, though not a direct hit per the map. The only thing that sucks about this whole interesting thread...it only exists because there aren't any waves!!!

Images
    Looks like things are gonna get interesting after Midweek . Keep in fingers crossed and my hope within reason

**** College if theres good waves I'm coming home

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chillisurfer View Post
    **** College if theres good waves I'm coming home
    Now thats what I call giving it the old college try

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    guys listen we need to stop getting excited. but all i know is thank god i have early release from school.

Images
    check out next weekend. This thing is definintely going to generate some swells.
    Attached Images Attached Images