LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 79

Thread: Danielle

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Wildwood ,Nj
    Posts
    3,109
    Images
    5
    Wow just got home from a evening session . Report was calling Knee high but is was about chest high and only a few ppl out . Surfed till dark and could have surfed longer but I have been up since 5 am LOL

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    470

    Smile

    the hurricane danielle video bulletin on the front page (under news) is sick. it really helps (me, at least) to have someone talking about the maps as they're swirling and flashing. thanks for interpreting the stoke swellinfo!

  3. #53
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by cresto4 View Post
    the hurricane danielle video bulletin on the front page (under news) is sick. it really helps (me, at least) to have someone talking about the maps as they're swirling and flashing. thanks for interpreting the stoke swellinfo!
    Cool... ya, a big part of doing that is to help people understand how to use all of the Swellinfo resources in interpreting any swell event.

  4. #54
    Unbelievable scenario possibly setting up.There could be 3 Active hurricanes running back to back to back. I don't think I've ever head of anything like this. . With winds looking favorable for the northeast, I think this is going to be an epic couple of weeks.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ocean Pines
    Posts
    60
    I'm game for the hurricane swells and all but to be perfectly honest, from knowing and living in the OCMD area you guys all better hope these storms stay pretty far off the coast...OCMD isnt gonna be able to handle a few storms in a row...so hopefully everyone gets some good swell but hopefully the track stay offshore somewhat.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb2056 View Post
    Unbelievable scenario possibly setting up.There could be 3 Active hurricanes running back to back to back. I don't think I've ever head of anything like this. . With winds looking favorable for the northeast, I think this is going to be an epic couple of weeks.
    I can definitely remember years in the 90's when we had a train of storms rolling off Cape Verde Islands. Its happened before and as long as these storms stay far enough offshore its a beautiful thing!

  7. #57
    The models are still in disagreement. Some are backing off and giving us less swell, and others are still calling for a possibly catastrophic event this time next week. Hopefully there will be some clarity in a couple of days.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Point
    Posts
    267
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I can definitely remember years in the 90's when we had a train of storms rolling off Cape Verde Islands. Its happened before and as long as these storms stay far enough offshore its a beautiful thing!
    The gates have opened up for a bit...lovin' it...

    Micah, I think 1995 and 1996 were perfect examples of this....2 great summers in a row!! It all started with Allison in June of 1995...and rolled from there until October of 1996. I think everyone's surfing/bodyboarding stepped it up about 10 notches those two summers... If I remember correctly, I got bored from bodyboarding so much in 1996....just kidding.

    But if I had the equipment and knowledge with those waves....I, as well as many others, coulda been on another level.. My old a$$ will have to make up for it this year...

  9. #59

    So what beaches stay open in large surf?

    As a transplanted west coaster, I notice that there is tendency here to close beaches if the surf gets even moderate in size. What stays open and where can one go surf and not get harassed by the authorities if Danielle develops significant size?

    Thanks,

    Carlisle

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LBI
    Posts
    905
    Images
    1
    im about 5'8 and I ride a 5'9 ksmall, do you guys think my board will be able to handle this swell or should i borrow my friends stepup?