LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Feel the Pain

Feel the Pain

NO Im not referring to a Dinosaur Jr album......... Ok so Colin came and went with fun waves here in VB and OBX. Had boards on order since Jluly 6th. Didnt hurt me that much that missed Colins fun surf without my sticks but I thought I shoulld have them before the next TS swell. Well Miss Danielle is on her way and still no boards, I hope by some luck they end up on the UPS truck this week, and by some chance get here by Friday (odds on this are slim to none) The pain i feel knowing i have two sick sticks on the way and perfect chance to dial them in is slipping away, I feel an emptiness, sort of like my dog died or something, its painful, only the UPS man can fix it, i need that big brown truck to drop off the big brown box soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a prime example of why you order from a local shaper...

sucks that your boards aren't in, but 6 weeks isn't a bad turn around time at all...most really good shapers have a turn around of about 8 weeks. hope your boards arrive soon, tho.

its local sort of....

Well my shaper had done like 5 boards or so for me, then he moved to California, he was local, but then moved. With shipping i got each board for $450 and witha guy that i know what i am getting. The guy makes boards that work hard to not go to a guy that gives you a magic board 3 out 5 times. Im talking Magic, not just one that works 2 out of the 5 worked, but 3 out of 5 being incredbile magic sticks I got to go to him ya know.

Yeah I ordered a custom from ...Lost once it took 9 months to get it. CA shapers hate shipping single shipments to the EC.

yeah but...

Yeah but this guy was pumped i tracked him down to order from him again. Lost is a different deal, they are cutting tons of sticks a day.

My boards have been shaped its just the glass shops are so far behind he cant get mine out as fast...

Good news is that means lots of peoploe are buying boards, surf industry is alive and well!