LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    what is the world coming to....

just picked up a 6'0 round tail done with resin x from brian wynn

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by divinesurf View Post
    idk if i have said this before but fupafest is hands down the greatest name haha
    I'm gonna have to agree. If the paddle out isn't too bad, def gonna go with the 9' single fin Hydroglide...otherwise it's the 7'. Both are so much fun when it gets bigger.

Images
    I'll be out on the 9'10 bing it it starts to get steep I will switch up to the 6'2 quad

That center fin needs to be replaced with a Turbo Tunnel!

Images
    rude awakening for anyone out there on something less than 6' unless you are only 5'4". In my opinion. But I've been wrong in the past I just don't see how a cat 4 is going to only generate head high surf.

The power of the wave itself, not just the height. is going to require a bigger board.

Everyone's so used to wind swell.

Even the report is now saying "well overhead".

Nut up, dudes. I just got back from a trip to costa rica where i cought 12 foot pavones on an epic south swell. you know what i rode? a 6'5 pin tail. Im 6' and like a 185 lbs or so and got some killer waves. Sure there were guys out on full on guns, but they got the same waves as me and had to make bigger, slower turns. When is pumping, as long as you can get into one, your just planing on the last couple feet of your stick anyhow. Id say more important than size is tail shape. Get something fast and responsive. The fish might be fun, but i find it a little loose in bigger, sketchier days.

Take the board that you have been ripping little waves on - grab your junk - and get tubed! Big waves are what its all about. There are finally some on the way, not a good time to break out your skirts.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I'll be out on the 9'10 bing it it starts to get steep I will switch up to the 6'2 quad
    same here ill be on my 9'6'' and if it gets to wild im gonna switch up to my 6'3'' twin..
    Sooooo Pumped Finally some Real swell!!!!!!!!!!!

board selection

Sure sometimes having the right board can make a difference, but I am reminded of a story my buddy told me about a trip to Indo a few years back. Boat trip and he was solo and didn't know anyone. Some dude gets on the boat with a pink soft top fun board and a bunch of young dudes from the states start laughing at him (my buddy is from south america and doesn't care to judge anyone). When it came time to charge guess who got it. Turns out if you can charge you can do so on a pink soft top fun board. My buddy said the boys from the states were only good at drinking, being annoying and hooting up waves.

I agree with a previous post, grab what your comfortable on, get mentally ready and charge.